Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 1 "We don't need a flocking team name, we're  #1! " >

Team 1 "We don't need a flocking team name, we're #1! "

Community

Team 1 "We don't need a flocking team name, we're #1! "

Old 04-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 1 thread

Just got a call from my father that there was just a nice longbeard on the back hill... I know where i'll be tomorrow... this is the "king" he calls him... very large bird...

Old 04-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Time for the king to die!!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be looking at another taxidermy bill if he is as big as they say he is...
did a full strut last year w/ my 21.5lb bird. That was my largest to date, which is a very large bird for this area...
hmmm... half strut mount! ?!?!

We'll see if I even hear him, let alone get him!

Old 04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
JW
Super Moderator

BB - I made them but am not doing it for a while. It was a hobby for me as I never sold one.

West - Whack em we need you. Though we have a comfortablr margin for Total birds - One more by one or two teams we will drop out of 1st for 11 man event.

and if we do - so be it. We still have several names on our team I do recognize from past contests here who can produce.......

So wehn I get time I'll drop em a e-mail so they know we are here...

JW

Ps never been this close to winning this thing! In the 6 yrs or so I have been part of it!
Old 04-30-2009, 02:52 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Oh and next Wednesday I know where 3 Toms are or where and will be scouting hard 3 days - new approach from my old stop and listen approach so I will be where they want to be on Wednesday morning!

JW
Old 05-01-2009, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, guys, the parents confirmed the tom is still holding in the area I faced off with him at last Saturday. This morning they said he was gobbling his head off up in the food plot. I'm going to try and switch up my position a bit tomorrow morning, and get there extra early to position my dekes in the food plot. I'm hoping he decides to continue his pattern.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:26 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Atta boy - and note I have had 50-50 with the strutter decoy........ya might try wihtout it if ya use one.

We are here for ya!

I leave Sunday at Midnight to scout for 3 days so I can hopefully best my score and get in position to hopefully take a 1 bird the next 3 weeks in a row!
Then is will be a loooooooooooooong wait till next yr!

JW

Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Okay dropped an e-mail to those team members we haven't seen for a while.....asking for stories on how they are doing!

We get one or 2 more and we will take this darn thing........never been this close!

JW
Old 05-01-2009, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok guys... good news / bad news... went up this am after the "king". Never heard a gobble... right around 7am I turn my head to look behind me and see him standing there ... came in silent w/ a hen... hen saw me move my head and starts putting up through the woods... so, King goes with her... thought i could put a shot on him and missed... argh... sorry guys...
But... went over state lines and heard some gobbling... set up and had a jake come in... out of utter disgust from the mornings hunt, I let him have it... I kindof feel bad, but it was a legal bird and will taste good.
He only weighed 13lb and had a 3.5" beard... i will register him for the contest to count towards the group total... I hope you all are not disappointed w/ me for shooting a jake... I will be after the king again tomorrow...
.... add another few points to the score:

Your score is 13 + 2.5 + 2.4 + 7 = 24.9

He's a slammer!

Old 05-01-2009, 12:24 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Not in the least!

I have done the same thing this yr........he came in gobbling and strutting and danged if I was going to let molest and bea the snot outa my decoy......he tried - I whacked him....

JW

Quick Reply: Team 1 "We don't need a flocking team name, we're #1! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.