Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How To Build A Ground Blind For Deer ? >

How To Build A Ground Blind For Deer ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How To Build A Ground Blind For Deer ?

Old 11-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How To Build A Ground Blind For Deer ?

i like to find a old fallen tree to give me a "starting point" then i kinda make a log cabin around me using the old dead tree to lean on and to build off of.....by the time i clear shooting lanes i have enough wood to cover me up high enough....ive also did it just using a tree.....same thing...log cabin type thing with small stuff...few big dead logs at the bottom....i make a triangle almost...tree behind me to lean on...and i come out both sides around me left and right a bit longer then my legs..maybe 3-4 feet....then i make the frontto meet the 2 ends......works for me......doesnt take alot of effort or time.....looks pretty natural.....good luck
Old 11-27-2004, 12:12 AM

I use a couple different systems. My goose blind works pretty well for deer as well. I took tall heavy page wire or cement wire and woove tall slough grass through the squares leaving a few shooting windows. Then around the blind i stick a few poplar branches in the ground to give it a bit of a leafy look. It appears just like a little clump of bush. Problem is it takes quite awhile to weeve the grass and its an painful thing if you cannot drive to the area. If i'm back in an area where i can't get my blind into i just use camo burlap. I have a few different patterns that i use depending on the season. I will usually set up against a tree and wrap myself in the burlap. This also seems to work well for me and its versatile.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've always been under the impression that the blind is just there to break up your sillouette. We just use natural items from the ground by our blinds and add to them each year because nature does its job and rots parts of the blind every year. Here are a couple of pics of my blind !