Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Colorado Quail

Old 11-21-2004, 08:58 PM

Default Colorado Quail

Well it looks like Colorado quail have made a come back. This was opening weekend and the weather was great............ I woke up saturday morning to snow and the temp was around 25 degress. I loaded up the dogs and headed to the river with vesion of a great quail hunt. The parking lot of the first place I hunt had several vehicals in it when I arived, but we gave it a shot. We were out of the pick-up about ten minutes and my old dog slamed a point. The first covey of the season and I had only been hunting for ten minutes. The rest of the weekend went about the same. We had alot of good dog work and moved several birds. The only thing that would of made it better is if I could of hit something[:@][:@] I should of had my limit both days.

Here's some pic's of the weekend.......

Kota and I at the end of this mornings hunt.

Kota on point of a single this morning.

My old dog (12 years old) Remington on the first point of the season.

Have a great season, Terry
Old 11-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Colorado Quail

Elk Laughing, I found a few my self down by Rocky Ford. And don't feel bad, I was looking for a rooster when the little buggers jumped up. My shooting was poor also. So when I did get into roosters, they did pay.
Gselkhunter