Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Dove hunting and hunter orange. >

Dove hunting and hunter orange.

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Dove hunting and hunter orange.

Old 08-27-2004, 12:03 AM

Default RE: Dove hunting and hunter orange.

Benny sent you a PM
Old 08-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Given that you'll be hunting on public land with people you dont know, I would at least wear a vest. At the very least it will take away the excuse of, "I didn't see you".
If you have a problem with an unsafe hunter don't be affraid to confront him. I have disarmed drunks and idiots more than once, they're the ones that make us all look bad.
Also, I'm told that more accidents happen while dove hunting than any other individual season, probably because of the close proximity to other hunters so the orange may not
be a bad idea.

Ryan Campbell
Old 08-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree it is the close proximity and the heat of the moment when the birds are flying everywere that leads to close calls or worse. 2 years ago I was getting my license checked by a warden next to a road ,when a pheasant got up behind some other hunters in the feild ,it was a good thing I was whearing shooting glasses . I still have those chiped and scrached glasses ,the other hunters did get tickets. I was whearing a orange game jacket and hat , the warden had a orange coat.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:23 PM

Doves don't mind a big blaze orange spot in the field as long as its not moving all over the earth. I hunt with at least a hat on, but prefer the vest.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:57 AM

I am taking my son on his first dove hunt and do not plan to wear orange. Don' know if thay can see it or not but hard to kill as it is . is there any one in Alabama Bibb co. area have land that my son and I can hunt will pa y top $.
thank you ,
turkey