Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 new moultrie i40 4.0 ir camera >

new moultrie i40 4.0 ir camera

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

new moultrie i40 4.0 ir camera

Old 05-31-2007, 02:46 PM

Default new moultrie i40 4.0 ir camera

has anybody bought any of these cameras yet and if you did what is your prognosis on it good or bad? i live in massachusetts and my local sports shop r and r sporting goods, i noticed just got them in 219.00. i want to wait though and see what the reports are on this camera. i noticed that chasing game started the report but didn't finish it. i was wondering about picture quality and the glowing eyes, did they fix that issue? i know that you aren't going to get that great of quality with ir, but there has to be a camera thats better than the others such as the bushnell its junk. dont know about the new 5.0 though. any input would really be helpful? i really want the moultrie though.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Spike

Default RE: new moultrie i40 4.0 ir camera

I am waiting on my Moultrie IR 6.0 to arrive.I feel like it's a crap shoot, considering the history of other Moultries. Just like you mentioned, Chasingame is doing it's review, so the best thing is to wait to see what they have to say when they're done.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new moultrie i40 4.0 ir camera

Just got my new I40 and been playing with a little It is prettyy fast but It aint 1 second more like 2.5-3 seconds but works good. I put brand new duracell batteries right from the package into the camera and they read only 85% so I don't know if it is the camera or maybe them batteries are not so great after all. I have a hard time believing they would go 150 days like they say. pics look good and overall so far seem to be alot like the other gamespy's but trigger speed is faster and has IR, couple other functions so far happy with camera we will see how it turns out been in the field 2 days and I will check maybe Sunday night to see how well it is going.