Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Center shot on mathews bows. >

Center shot on mathews bows.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Center shot on mathews bows.

Old 10-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Center shot on mathews bows.

I have both my q2xl and Lx tuned to shoot bullet holes through paper. When I look down on the bows from the top, I try to line up the limb bolts with the arrow, and the arrow down an imaginary line through the middle of the stabilizer. When I do this on both these bows, the arrow is actually pointing left of center of the imaginary line. However, like I said I am getting bullet holes with both of them. I shoot a release, and my arrows are spined right for both set-ups. Is this normal for these models, and has anyone else shooting these two bows noticed this too? Thank you.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:19 PM

Default RE: Center shot on mathews bows.

Nothing to worry about. You have good flight already. Could be torque.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exact centershot ona Mathews is 13/16" from the mounting hole.

Old 10-17-2003, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

I make the centreshot adjustment on both my Mathews with a rubberband between the limbbolts and shoot the perfect holes as well..... So i guess treePhantom is right; must be torque. Dont worry. If this setup fly' s good for you, it' s the right one.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

I just got an e-mail back from the tech guy at mathews, and he says that this is absolutely right, because of the offset limb cups on these bows. He says that centershot should be 13/16, or 7/8 inch when shooting the right spined arrow. I measured both mine on the q2xl and lx, and measuring from the edge of the riser to the center line between the two prongs on my shoot through rest it is exactly 13/16. Guess it was right on the money to start with. Hope this helps someone else. Can' t wait to see what mathews has in store for 2004. Bhunter32.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:07 PM
CG

My MQ1 is 7/8 to centershot.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:41 AM

Center shot on mathews bows is not really down the center of the bow. The string goove on the cam in not in the center,therefore, the string does not run down the exact center of the bow. Also, the cable guard, pulling the string to the side caused torque in the bow, that must be compensated for in your " center shot" . When ever I tune mathews bow, I like up the string down the center of the arrow and that should line up about just right of center on your stabilizer. The 3/16 that Mathews suggests is only a starting point. It " gets you in the ball park" Every bow is different and center shot may be 3/16 on one, say mathews legacy, but 1/4 on another Legacy. Lean of your idler wheel will also influence your center shot and how far away it is from the riser.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Spike

Your "L" shaped center tool as well as your rubber cord, will not get you center of the bow. Your arrows will tear to the right. The center of the grip is in no way center of the string. eye balling your center will not help either. Using a laser to find center of the string will show that your cams are aligned with the string but not the center of the grip. The bristle arrow rests will not adjust far enough to the right to allow arrow alignment with string also, A drop away rest will. And running the laser down the string and all the way down the arrow will result in arrows tearing correctly in paper as well as eliminate the tuning issues with the new Mathews bows. 20-30-40 yard shots will be straight. A laser mounted alignment tool is a must for a Mathews bow. You will end your frustrations.....