Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Bitzenburger Jig >

Bitzenburger Jig

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bitzenburger Jig

Old 12-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Spike

Default Bitzenburger Jig

Hello All,

Of course this may be a dumb question, however I am pretty new to archery and would like to learn everything I need to about doing my own work on arrows. So ordered a new bitzenburger jig. Once I got it, I found that you can not use it with pre-nocked arrows. The nock receiver looks to be set up for the arrow shaft only. It did come with the upgrade kit still in the bag. So do I order another nock receiver to use with arrows already nocked? And if so how do I change the current receiver?
Old 12-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

These instructions I C/pd off the net tells how to set it up and specifically speaks of using it with nocked arrows. Did you not get those instructions with the gizmo when you bought it?

http://bitzenburger.com/wp-content/u...structions.pdf
Old 12-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Spike

I did get the same thing with it, but like I said it did not come with anything to use with nocked arrows. Looking at videos of it on YouTube there seems to be an open end where arrow would drop into that holds the nock.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Bitz fletcher and I hear what your saying, but still not understanding. Have you tried to place a nocked arrow in it yet? What kind of nocks? You have to place the nock in and kinda push it onto the tab inside for it to grip the nock and turn while you fletch the arrow. What kind of arrows are you fletching for, crossbow bolts or regular arrows?
Old 12-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Spike

Thanks for the reply. I found that any new jig no longer comes with the standard nock receive. Had to order it separate. The new one does come set up for an insert to hold arrow only no nock. The new additional upgrade kit is to be used with new receiver.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well that sucks. Guess all the companys are cuttn corners to save a buck. Guess Im glad I got mine back when and don't have to mess with it. Wish you the best on fletching and enjoy your fruits of your labor learning a new craft!!!
Old 12-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

With most nocks being press in adjustable's nowadays, it's actually easier to use bare arrow chuck rather than using a nock receiver. That way you are assured of proper spacing rather than the possible "nock slip" that happens sometimes. Or your receiver not filling the nock space completely so improper spacing again. Been using the Areovane jig by Firenock for a few years now and I don't use nock receivers. Got the adjustable chuck that grabs the OD securely and has adjustment O rings for leveling and spacing.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Spike

Good point so is there a best way to remove nocks now days to use the jig. Seems like I get vane damage more often than anything else. Would be great just to remove nock stick in jig add new vane.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

If you're using a carbon arrow, chances are pretty good that he nock was just pushed in by hand. In most cases, you can just pull it back out by hand. If you can't get a hold of it with your fingers, you can use a pair of pliers, but you gotta be careful not to break your nock with 'em. However, if you're using aluminum shafts, there's a chance they're glued on.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Spike

well guess Ill see soon ordered a dozen 4mm FMJ's. Dunno is this sounds right, but part of the reason Im gonna start doing these myself is shop charged me $150.00 for the dozen arrows and another $150.00 to fletch, nock and add inserts. So they should have a carbon core and alum. skirt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.