Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Elevated VS. on ground >

Elevated VS. on ground

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Elevated VS. on ground

Old 08-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Spike

Default Elevated VS. on ground

As I said before this is now to me. I have been shooting the heck out of arrows lately from 20, 30, 40 ,50 yds. from the ground straight on with great grouping. I will be hunting out of a stand I'm guessing 12' - 16' when I get one. How much difference will my shooting be and how important is it to sight in elevated now that I will be actually hunting that way. Without setting up the stand somewhere outside the woods how is the best way to get sighted in???
Old 08-19-2007, 09:42 AM

Default RE: Elevated VS. on ground

do you have a deck, alot of people shoot off that, also 20yd straight shot is different then a 20yd shot in a 12-16 foot high tree, it would be something like 23-24 yars if I am correct...
Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

if you bend at the waist and shoot with the same anchor points you should hit the same as you would from the ground.

for most typical bowhunting, i think most guys shoot the range of the target from the base of the tree to the target. within 30yds or so you might be off a yard or 2...i cant remember the real numbers but its nothing to worry about...

definently PRACTICE it though. its a little different and can feel akward. i had to get used to shooting with my feet so close and bending at the waist etc. shooting with my buddies at a 3d shoot today, the last target was a treestand shot. you could tell who didnt bend at their waist...
Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 AM

Yes you should definately practice from an elevated position, I use my deck. Just use your same pin as you would on the groundand see if it hits where it is suposed to, if not then adjust accordingly.