Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 aftermarket cams >

aftermarket cams

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

aftermarket cams

Old 10-15-2006, 08:02 PM

Default aftermarket cams

I am looking for a set of aftermarket cams for an older high country extreme. The one I am looking for look like the old style hatchet cams that high country used but had sealed axle bearings. A buddy I used to shoot with had put a set on a pse baby g and gained a huge amount in fps. His stock set up was about 288fps(28 inch draw), and after he changed the camsand tuned the bow, he went to 309fps. if anyone happens to know the name of these, please let me know.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: aftermarket cams

Call HCA and they will sell you a set of Hatchet Cams Dead Stop Hatchets are also avalable

ask to speak with Willy.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:57 PM

Thank you for the info.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

David
Hatchet cam is stillone of the fastest cams set upsavalable and lots of different Bow manufacturers used the design.

Spencer Land developed and pattented the cam,after10 years you have to renew the patent which Spencer was unaware of at that time then Martin bought the patent right out from under him then Martin sold the rights to other companys to use the cams.

so at one time it was a very soughtafter cam by several Bow manufacturers.
IMOthe Dead stop hatchet is still one of the best 65% let off cams you can get.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:38 AM

WOW. I must have been out of the 3-D scene longer than I thought. At the time HCA was the only bow I had ever seen them on except the ones that were aftermarket(similar design) but a slight deference. Alot of people that I had shot with had switched to that design no matter what bows they were useing. A buddy was making a new set of strings and cables for a Hoyt bow that was mainly used for indoor(had small cams),and suprised me with a set of HCA cams on it. I feel in love with the set up. It shot perfect. But that was before the kids came along. and had to sell most of my equipment. I just started shooting again about 4 days ago(had to borrow a bow)and it felt great to release that first arrow.
So anyway thanks for the info.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

If HCA doesn't have the cams anymore, Stewart Bowman can probably sell you some from his inventory.

Sag.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think custom shooting systems still use the dead stopdesign on some of their older models however they have made a few motifycations to make the cam even a little more user friendly.
and there was a new bow company that started up a few years ago(forgot the name)that came out with the 99% let off cam was using the design on one of their models who claim they developed the system which was a bold face lie.

cool thing about the hatchet cams you can use them either right or left handed justreverse the cams, top camto bottom and bottom to top for a lefty.

derr.. I suppose you can do that with any dual cam system though.