Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 BH vs. FP ACCURACY RESULTS!!!!!!! >

BH vs. FP ACCURACY RESULTS!!!!!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BH vs. FP ACCURACY RESULTS!!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2006, 06:52 PM

Default BH vs. FP ACCURACY RESULTS!!!!!!!

Long story short . . . I've shot a variety of three blade BH's over the years and always just accepted the fact that I was going to have to adjust something on the bow before hunting season came because they would never shoot exactly where the FP's shoot.
NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!
I have just bought the Magnus two blade BH. Not the Stinger or anything, just the plain old $27.00 for six two blade model. Immediately went home and at 20 yards was startled at how they hit exactly where my FP's hit. In fact, two shafts were touching and I'll have to replace a couple fletches.
I was stunned.
Went to our indoor archery club range and BAM! Dead on at 20 ~ 30 ~ 40 ~ even out to 50 yards! Dead freakin' on! In fact, I think they shoot better than the field points.
I paid no attention as to the blades orientation to the fletches, just spun the shafts on a box to confirm the Magnus heads were not "bent" and flying true.
Absolutely stunning results. Try them if you are suffering from BH X FP inaccuracies. I hope you have close to the same results as I!
Old 04-15-2006, 08:01 PM

Default RE: BH vs. FP ACCURACY RESULTS!!!!!!!

The best part about Magnus is their lifetime warranty. Bend or break them and they will be replaced. I don't think anyone else offers this type of warranty for broadheads. I use the same ones and the 3 blade Snuffers. Check this out. 100 grain Sonic vs. 150 grain snuffer

Old 04-15-2006, 11:53 PM

Default RE: BH vs. FP ACCURACY RESULTS!!!!!!!

I posted this on a previous thread, but it works here too. I shoot a single cam bow with fingersset at 68#and a 30" draw. My arrows are Easton Epic 300's cut at 30.5" with 4" Bohning Vanesset on a2 degree straight offset and 125 grn points. I have been shooting for 40 of my 50 years and have never paper tuned or shot a bare shaft out of any of my bows, just adjusted until the "wiggle" was out of my arrow. I have Thunder Head 125's that up until now have only been on myarrows to walk in the woods, never shot. A couple of months ago I decided I would see how my broadheads grouped with my field tips. I first shot six field tips into my normal 2" group then shot six broad heads. Needless to say I had to refletch a bunch of arrows because they hit the same spot. I am not saying that I am that good, just lucky to have picked a broadhead that works with "my setup". So, maybe instead of going back and forth trying to get your setup to work with your broadheads, you should try getting a broadhead that works with your setup. I know, there are tons of options out there, but witha little research on web sites such as this, you could narrow that down quite a bit. You should also make sure that with those 75, 85 or 100 grnpoints your F.O.C. is still proper. This has a great effect on how the arrow "lets" the broadhead be in charge.