VIRGINIA RUT WATCH! >

VIRGINIA RUT WATCH!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VIRGINIA RUT WATCH!

Old 11-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VIRGINIA RUT WATCH!

Went out this morning, saw 5 does and a small six point chasing them around my treestand. He was a young buck, so i think he was just looking forsome love, the mature boys haven't quite started up yet. But they're definitely getting there.

I also put out doe in estrous on a nearby tree, the does smelled it and licked the branch, buck didn't even pay attention to it. He was gruntin up a storm though!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Hoyt I hunt Quantico also doesnt seem to be much going on down there they have had alot of the areas closed all the 16's and back areas saw 15 or more deer last year when i went to mainside but doesnt seem to be rutting as much just yet very very soon any day now or within the next couple of weeks very commited to Quantico looking for a 140's plus I know there out there becuase some of the guys have killed few this year already ...
Old 11-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw three small bucks tonight, one of which was half-heartedly chasing a doe. A spike, 3 pointer, and a 4-5 pointer. Was fun. Could have shot the doe and the 4-5 pointer but let them walk.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Spike

Good luck guys hunting in quantico! I am not on the same level of you guys in the game. Still trying to SEE my first deer over there...[]
Old 11-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw one small buck this morning then nothing else when I left at 3pm. Back at it tomorrow morning.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

Went to Quantico this afternoon Thursday the 6th saw tow does around 4:00 and then saw a Big Buck at 4:35 he was to far going back this morning to see if he shows back up ... Good Luck guys OH THEY ARE NOT IN FULL RUT JUST YET its gonna be good its gonna fall right in time for opening shotgun
Old 11-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Spike

well, that big 8 I was telling you guys about came out thursday eve at 145 yards. I took a good steady shot and had pools of blood like I have never seen, but he ran about 50 yards to the main stream of the swamp and never saw him again[:@], I looked for hours and then another 4 on friday. guess I will have to wait for the buzzards unless he sank in the main stream. I would have rathered missed him!!

Old 11-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Spike

November 8th...Suffolk, Va. 1:38pm

Sat through a 2 hour downpour and when it finally cleared up i had a nice 6 pointer with a 15 inch spread poke his head out. I shot him about 40 yards. His neck was a little swollen and his tarsal glands were nasty, so it looks like they are getting ready for the frenzy...I'll post pics when i can upload them
Old 11-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWMANN100

well, that big 8 I was telling you guys about came out thursday eve at 145 yards. I took a good steady shot and had pools of blood like I have never seen, but he ran about 50 yards to the main stream of the swamp and never saw him again[:@], I looked for hours and then another 4 on friday. guess I will have to wait for the buzzards unless he sank in the main stream. I would have rathered missed him!!
I had a similar experience last season. shot a monster, tracked pools of blood for what seemed like a mile, then I could see where he layed down, and then never found another drop of blood or the deer. I'm guessing he somehow made it, so you never know, he may still be out there healing up.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Hunted Rockbridge Co yesterday. Nothing in the lower fields in the AM, so moved up the mountain for the pm. Saw a doe at 115 yds munching on barley spouts and an 8pt 40 yards to her left. I decided not to shoot the 8, just didn't have the mass I was looking for. Got the ML up to shoot the doe and they both were gone..vanished! He didn't have any appearance of rutting, nor did he seem very interested in the doe. I'm just surprised how quick they disappeared, I glassed them for 10 minutes before making my decision.

Quick Reply: VIRGINIA RUT WATCH!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.