Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 T/C Encore Trigger Job? >

T/C Encore Trigger Job?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

T/C Encore Trigger Job?

Old 10-18-2004, 02:44 PM

Default T/C Encore Trigger Job?

Has anyone had a trigger job done to their Encore?
If yes, who did it?
How much was it?
How do you like it?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 10-18-2004, 07:18 PM

Default RE: T/C Encore Trigger Job?

I have not sent mine off yet, waiting until after deer season. Though when I do send it off it will go to Mike Belm... http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php From everyone I have talked to, he does an excellent job. He also sells some great stuff for the Encore, including oversize hinged pins and tighter springs for lockup. Which really helps the Encore.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Typical Buck

G2, I sent my frame to www.eabco.com for one of their "action jobs". When I got it back, I was surprised at how much it helped. The "job" dropped my trigger pull about 2lbs and it breaks much cleaner and just feels better. I don't know what they charge now, but when I sent mine to them(two years ago), they charged 40 bucks. When its returned, it'll have to go through a FFL holder, so there will probably be another fee for that also. Was it worth it? Yes, and if I get another frame, I'll also be sending that one too.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sent my frame to www.virginvalleyguns.com
They do execelent work,I even picked up a new barrel from them...
Old 10-19-2004, 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: PaJack

I sent my frame to www.virginvalleyguns.com
They do execelent work,I even picked up a new barrel from them...
I have heard nothing but good things about Virgin Valley also, BUT they are going out of buisness. [:@]
Old 10-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's news to me,I'll have to check into that...
Old 10-22-2004, 04:20 PM

Here's where I got it from... I cut and pasted this from the Specialty Pistol's forum at http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve:

Copied and pasted from A.R.

Well... It's a sad day for the TC world. Virgin Valley wasn't able to attract a new investor and is this is their latest official message....

====================
We regret to inform you that we are closing the shop. We are no longer taking new orders for Encore/Contender barrels, stock sets, or bolt gun work. We will be winding down operations over the next month or so. During that time we will be trying to finish up as many open orders as we possibly can. Those customer orders that we cannot finish up will be issued refund checks for any deposits paid. The orders we will be concentrating on are Encore/Contender barrel orders and open bolt gun orders. If you have a stock set or forend included with your barrel order or bolt gun work, or had just a stock set or forend ordered, those items will be not completed so a refund check will be issued for your paid deposit within the next few weeks. In addition, any related parts, pieces or accessories furnished to us for any job not completed will be returned to you.

As for our custom Encore and Contender accessories, ie; hammer spur extensions, scope bases, trigger jobs, forend hanger bars & forend conversions for the hanger bar, etc. All of these same identical items are still available to purchase through a different source. Contact Steve Stratton via e-mail at [email protected] to place an order for now. In the near future there will be a new business name, web site and telephone number available to use for ordering these former V V C Gun accessory products.

In the meantime, we will be hard to get a hold of on the phones. If you would care to e-mail Steve or Jeff that would be the best way to contact us at present. We will reply to all e-mails received. E-mail [email protected] for any questions regarding bolt gun related jobs. E-mail [email protected] for Encore/Contender jobs.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience our closing may cause. We ask for your patience in winding down operations and cleaning up all of the loose ends. We will take care of everything we can as quickly as we can.
__________________________________________________ ___
Regards,

Steve Stratton
Virgin Valley Custom Guns
(435) 635-8941
Old 10-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank's for posting that! I wonder what happened,they did do great work...
Old 10-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check with www.reedercustomguns.com Good luck.