Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Who has a Colt Rifle? >

Who has a Colt Rifle?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Who has a Colt Rifle?

Old 07-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Who has a Colt Rifle?

I would like to get one of these in 270,06 or a mag if possible. I picked one up at a gunshow last year and almost bought it, wish i had even though the stock was crap. In the event I buy it I would then send it to Mr Forbes in WV and have him put one of his stocks on it. Just interested to see how they function and how accurate they are. I think weight wise they are close to the NULA rifle if I have the Forbes stock put on it.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:12 PM

Default RE: Who has a Colt Rifle?

Never had a Colt but if I remember correctly they bought the original Ultra Lite design from Forbes and proceeded to screw it up by adding weight and a cheap stock. Big business at its worst. I read a review probably 10 years ago that they shot very well but I have no 1st hand knowledge.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

I really would not ask Mr. Forbes to work on a Colt Rifle. They relly ran him through the ringer and there gun really was a waste of his good name. After aleagle action and I am sure a lot of sleepless nights he started the new ultralight arms co. The colt versions had some safty recalls and I have seen several with poor looking finishes.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

he actually does a lot of work on them believe it or not. Business is Business
Old 07-08-2008, 08:42 PM

If you decide to get one, let us know how it shoots. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts before and after Mr Forbes dresses it up.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you decide to get one, let us know how it shoots. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts before and after Mr Forbes dresses it up.
For 1000 dollars you get a new douglas barrel screwed on , trigger and the famous stock. I am guessing you will still have the cheap plastic follower unless you pay extra to get the NULA steel follower.