Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chuck Adams

Old 07-21-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Chuck Adams

Speaking of Chucke, do you thing hell break his own records for elk, deer ,etc. Hes not my American Idol,but I like the usefull technical info he points out on equip. and hunting in mags. hes taken lots of animals to earn his credit !!!
Old 07-21-2004, 04:55 PM

Default RE: Chuck Adams

Yes he has...

But do NOT forget 1 VERY important piece of Information. Alot of his animals are prescouted by his guides and he almost always hunts with a guide.

Not taking away from his hunting skills(he is obviously a GREAT hunter) just saying that he has somewhat of an UNFAIR advantage when it comes to us regular folks who cannot afford guides etc...
Old 07-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

None of his hunts are paid for by his sponsers although he does hunt with guides alot. I think both his record book elk came from the same area and if I remember it was open land. Read his book "Life at Full Draw" it a great book on what it takes to reach the level of sucess that he has. Most of us will never be willing to make the sacrifices he has to do the things he has.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

How many of you guys have met chuck?
obviously you must not have because he is a geniune A$$.
he has a HUGE ego.

Plus I go on guided hunts every year dont be critical of me chuck or anyone else because of it. If you can afford a guided hunt it makes a lot sense because you are that much less likely to spend all that money traveling and then you might get there and hunting could suck. Many times even more so with big animals out west ( not deer) you buy a hunt through an outfitter just so that you can hunt his land that doesnt mean that he has an animal "tied up" - now there are a few hunts that you dont need a guide for caribou for example that is an easy do it yourself hunt. however for elk for the most part it helps tremedously to have a guide for example With out a guide you dont know the woods you dont know what type of bulls you are looking for ect. now with a guide you have someone to help you through the woods they can give you an idea on how big of a bull to hold out for. Now you tell me that you will have more fun and be more sucsessful at seeing big bulls consistantly by your self on an out of state hunt than using a guide. plus i bet if you went on a guided hunt and you saw bulls like the one below consistantly then i would love to see you still trash talk guided hunts

Old 07-22-2004, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with bowhuntt, guilded is the way to go if you fo not have the time or $$$ to scout out an area prior to a hunt.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:30 AM

I agree with bowhuntt, guilded is the way to go if you fo not have the time or $$$ to scout out an area prior to a hunt.
I respectfully disagree. I find do it yourself hunting more gratifying. Yes with a guide you're doing the shooting but you're not doing the foot work. IMHO
Old 07-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I respectfully disagree. I find do it yourself hunting more gratifying. Yes with a guide you're doing the shooting but you're not doing the foot work. IMHO
Personally, I can't make the trip to from New York to Colorado to scout a few times over the summer. And I want to Elk hunt, which I (and my partner) have never done before. We are staying in Wilderness Area and are being packed in on horses miles into mountains. All stuff we have never done before. And quite honestly, I have no ambition to pay for and own all the eqiupment that is needed. And I won't even get into the safety aspect of having an expereinced guide.

Is a guide needed? I think so.

Hey I just noticed you are from Maine, I even used guides in the Allagash region on hunting and canoe trips.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're a guy who can literally hunt just about anywhere you want to at anytime.

Why do you have a guide ? Bowhunting, especially on the ground like Chuck often does, a guide surley HAMPERS you more than they help.

I asked this question recently on another board. Chuck killed his 2003 pending WR bull on public/private mixed grounds, areas he'd hunted for years. Why would he need a guide for an area he knew that well ? it doesn't make sense, does it ?

Unless the sole purpose for the guide is an immediate eye witness to the kill, that Chuck did everything by the book.

Thats the reaon I think often he has a guide. Ya'll are so critical of him, just waiting for one mistake where his tag isn't valid, his broadheads are 1/8" too narrow, his arrow sunder tha legal grain weight for the state he's hunting etc etc - makes me sick and I bet it does Chuck too.

He has hutned what, 300 days a year for the past 15-20 years ? You don't think he's better than you are at killing animals ? Your insane if you don't, because he IS better, in every aspect of the hunt from pre-scouting, to setting up the details and getting the tags, to the hunt itsself, to finding the trophy animals, to killing them - he IS ina class by himself, don't think he isn't just because of this or that that you and I don't have

You jealous "hunters" are sickening
Old 07-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

stealthycat, are you upset or something? I'm really lost in your post. Could you explain further? I know you responded to me, but I'm not sure if your whole post is directed to me.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:49 AM

Well said stealthycat

Quick Reply: Chuck Adams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.