logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 08-01-2003, 05:27 PM   #1

Default The REALLY BIG BUCK!!!!!! PICS

Hey guys,

Last year I told tall about a really really big 8 point that my best friend and I filmed while spotting one night. Well, I finally have the pictures.

Now, let me warm you..... these pictures aren' t good at all. This buck was about 80-90 yards away when we filmed it, and, at that distance, a spotlight isn' t enough illuminaton to get really good footage, plus, my video camera only has 16X digital zoom. [:' (]

Another thing that I noticed, is that the still shots don' t capture the size of this buck. I mean, you can see that he is big, but, they don' t show you just how big he is. Another thing you need to know is this deer has a absolute huge body. We estimated at 250 pounds or more live weight.

P.S. The other buck I showed you pics of was in the same field as where I took these ones. This is the land that only my best friend and I have to hunt, the land surrounding it is all posted, and nobody has hunted it for a VERY long time. These are what good old corn-fed Pennsylvania bucks look like.

Guessing the score of this buck is almost impossible, as the pics are from a distance. What I can tell you is that this buck had very long main beams, was very wide, had huge tines, and alot of mass.

I really wish that I could upload some video of this deer to show you guys. I might try to figure out how to do it. The video shows his size off alot better.

Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!!!

Also, like I said, the pics don' t do this deer justice. This deer DWARFS the buck on the other post. It just doesn' t look like it in the pics because this bucks body is so much bigger.

This was the first and last time I saw this buck, but, I am going spotting tonight and hopefully, with some luck, he will pop out and give me some good close footage.

Old 08-01-2003, 05:30 PM   #2

Default RE: The REALLY BIG BUCK!!!!!! PICS

From the looks of it you have a great place to hunt....good luck!
Old 08-01-2003, 05:32 PM   #3

That' s a bruiser. The rack looks nice and heavy (my favorite) and in regards to the animal, the bottom photo shows that he has bulk and more importantly, he seems fairly " long" . Many people just look at the weight, but to get a true 200#+ dressed deer, he needs to have length to the body.

Go get em.......
whitetails & muskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 06:24 PM   #4
Nontypical Buck

Sweet buck[][] He is a bruiser for sure. Good luck getting him this year.

Brian
445 supermag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 06:58 PM   #5
Nontypical Buck

BM....that' s a really nice buck for sure! And the other one wasn' t too shabby either. Good luck to you guys this season...you have to be pumped!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:09 PM   #6

wow thats a heck of a big slob, that would have me very excited, hell who says
theres no big bucks in P.A. not from the looks of that buck, are you sure you
diden' t make a wrong turn and crossed over into n.y. LOL
Old 08-01-2003, 10:19 PM   #7

NICE!!!! Theres definately alot of mass on that deer!!! I sure hope one day we can see some pics with your hands on his rack!! Good luck!
antlergetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 10:28 PM   #8

Well guys, he is STILL kickin.

I can' t believe it, but, I saw him again tonight. I was shinning that same exact spot and just had a good feeling. About 50 yards down the field I see a big body buck so I handed the spotlight to my girlfriend, and got the camcorder ready.

I told her to hit the light and I started zooming in. This buck was a long ways off and the light was dim. The thing is, as soon as the light him him, he started down a powerline into the bottom.

I was so ticked off as I got no footage of the buck.

Then, I came home, put the camcorder on the t.v., and [][][][][]

When he was going down the powerline, he bounded twice, and I caught his antlers pretty good. I will try tommorow to get them on here, but, I don' t think that I will be able to capture any still shots, as it is VERY quick, far away, and dark, but, I will try.

Lets just say that he has put on some spread and tine length

P.S. The piebald that I thought was a button buck, that I filmed in this same field, is a button buck. I saw him tonight, laying about 10 yards off the road. I got the best video you can imagine

Thanks again guys, he is a MONSTER!!!! August 15th I will be buying my Non-Typical DeerCam (I think I am going to get the DC-100 after talking to PorkChop). So, hopefully, by the end of August, I will have to good photos to show you guys.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:22 PM   #9

Nice buck ... good luck!!
Old 08-02-2003, 09:05 AM   #10

Nice buck Whackem and Stackem GOOD LUCK