HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The REALLY BIG BUCK!!!!!! PICS
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Buck Magnet

Default The REALLY BIG BUCK!!!!!! PICS

Hey guys,

Last year I told tall about a really really big 8 point that my best friend and I filmed while spotting one night. Well, I finally have the pictures.

Now, let me warm you..... these pictures aren' t good at all. This buck was about 80-90 yards away when we filmed it, and, at that distance, a spotlight isn' t enough illuminaton to get really good footage, plus, my video camera only has 16X digital zoom. [:' (]

Another thing that I noticed, is that the still shots don' t capture the size of this buck. I mean, you can see that he is big, but, they don' t show you just how big he is. Another thing you need to know is this deer has a absolute huge body. We estimated at 250 pounds or more live weight.

P.S. The other buck I showed you pics of was in the same field as where I took these ones. This is the land that only my best friend and I have to hunt, the land surrounding it is all posted, and nobody has hunted it for a VERY long time. These are what good old corn-fed Pennsylvania bucks look like.

Guessing the score of this buck is almost impossible, as the pics are from a distance. What I can tell you is that this buck had very long main beams, was very wide, had huge tines, and alot of mass.

I really wish that I could upload some video of this deer to show you guys. I might try to figure out how to do it. The video shows his size off alot better.

Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!!!

Also, like I said, the pics don' t do this deer justice. This deer DWARFS the buck on the other post. It just doesn' t look like it in the pics because this bucks body is so much bigger.

This was the first and last time I saw this buck, but, I am going spotting tonight and hopefully, with some luck, he will pop out and give me some good close footage.