Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer gathering areas. >

Deer gathering areas.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer gathering areas.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer gathering areas.

I have a prestaging area on the property I hunt where the deer all come together and meet everyday at least once, then constantly throught the day the deer continue to visit this spot...
I stay out of it due to the fact that the deer are so drawn to it I don't want them to spook from the area.
Have you seen areas like this?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Deer gathering areas.

I've got a staging area that the deer use when they're coming home in the mornings. It's a little oak flat that they don't start really utilizing until the acorns are on the ground. They'll come there before heading into their bedding area......and even come from the bedding area out to it for a last snack before bedding. I had deer in this area yesterday until lunchtime.

Sightings (and I know I saw some deer multiple times)......were 26, Friday morning....and at least 50, yesterday morning and evening. This is , undoubtedly, my hottest spot to hunt this time of year. If your deer are in there.....why would you stay out?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer gathering areas.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

If your deer are in there.....why would you stay out?
I stay out of it due to the fact that its real early in the season and I don't want to spook the animals away... Obviously from the damage done to the area, this is a night time hotspot. Once the rut begins I will sit on it... But until more action happens I want the deer to continue to byway this area and not move away. These spot are usually found on accident and once you get in them, they leave them alone.