Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PSE Stinger

Old 05-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Spike

Default PSE Stinger

Does anybody have any experience with the PSE stinger, on a budget just had our first baby a little girl and want to have something extra to do when I get a break from bottles. In the 300-400 dollar range and want a complete set up. The PSE stinger has a complete ready to shoot package for 359 on line and 399 at our local academy sports. I am kinda new to archery plinked with a bow in boy scouts but never owned my own. My cousin shoots a Matthews and is kind of a brand junkie but 800 is a bit high for me. Any thoughts on buying it online or buying in the store here as well. Any thoughts on the bow and how to start would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hawk8945
Old 05-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've only ever heard great things about the PSE Stinger , go for it . I'm getting one for my Girlfriend as her first Bow , you won't be disappointed .
Old 05-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Spike

So I went to the academy store and started talking to the guy and asked him if he knew of a used bow. Hehad a used mathews q2 with ateam extreme sight, a360 stripe rest a stabilizer and a bow wrist strap for mesas than the new stinger not much but sill a little. He let me shoot it and set the length and everything for me. 400 with future adjustments. String is in decent shape abcs he is gonna make a 3d dual color strong for it when I need a new one for price of sting materials. Decent buy? He knows his stuff and was helping me shoot it. Plus we are gonna go hunt some pigs when he thinks I an ready.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:33 AM
Spike

I have a stinger, great bow for a beginner. This season will be its fourth year. I haven't taken a deer with it, but that is not the bows fault..........