Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What is in your pack? >

What is in your pack?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is in your pack?

Old 07-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

A laptop to monitor my drones and trail cams in real time. 3 reloads and a ball starter. A uranium PU-36 space modulator. Alcohol wipes. 3 French hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
A laptop to monitor my drones and trail cams in real time. 3 reloads and a ball starter. A uranium PU-36 space modulator. Alcohol wipes. 3 French hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge.
Smartass
Old 07-25-2015, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang, i forgot rope. Good thing i didn't kill one today.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Smartass
Seriously i dont carry much because.........

I have a small foot locker in my tree stand....ok ok its more like a tree house.....well more like a semi heated tree house with a sofa, foot locker, cooler and pee bucket.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Rifle, one reload canister, capper with caps(#11 or 209) ball starter.

That is the muzzle loader stuff and goes in my right side pants cargo pocket. Except the rifle.

Extra stuff is a cell phone in my right coat chest pocket, talk about radio in my left coat chest pocket.
Two granola bars in case of low blood sugar in the right coat cargo pocket. Bino, and camera hanging around neck, thermos filled either with honey laced black tea or broth slung and hanging off the left shoulder. Knife and small stone in the left pants cargo pocket. Also in left pants cargo pocket goes the paper pack & kindle, Wet ones for cleaning hands after field dressing, a wad of paper towels folded small, works as emergency TP to.

All is shed at the blind.

Al
Old 07-26-2015, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

Cell phone
Van keys
Lighter
Rope
Toilet paper
Snack bars
Water
Gutting gloves
Licenses
Buck knife
Binocs
Range finder
Public ground map
Finger cot for rain or snow
Buck grunt
Rattle thingy
Doe bleat
2 extra shots
Branch hand trimmer
Chap stick
Pocket knife
Sunscreen
Sunglasses
Thermocell
Mosquito net
Headlamp
UA gloves
Extra skull cap hat
Face mask
Kitchen sink
Think that's it....
Old 07-26-2015, 05:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Depends on whether its a long day hike or a simple couple hours sitting. First and formost on my belt is a knife. Normally its a Green River blade I put handles on, sharpened to a razors edge, and made the sheath out of an old boot. In my fanny pack, depending on the rifle of course, is a small powder flask. This is good for many charges.

If I have a flintlock I have the pan flasked, nose taped, in a shirt pocket. I also carry my cell phone, GPS, compass, extra flints, tools needed to repair the lock, ball puller, extra jag, lube, patches, ball, box of alcohol swipes from the dollar store (you can swab with these or wipe a cut), and a tiny (dollar store again) tube of crazy glue. Good for instant repairs or to close a bad cut if the need should happen. Two vacuum sealed packets of light anywhere farmers matches, an apple, and a sandwich. Then I have a #11 metal cap, made into a candle for light or easy fire, my camera of course, and last a knife sharpener. I also carry a canteen of water. The fanny pack is small. Its also a hand warmer. So some of this stuff might be in my multi pocket hunting coat. And my drag rope is my shoulder safety harness from my tree stand.

Last edited by cayugad; 07-26-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sabotloader
You recognize the rifle - correct?
I sure do!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 05:48 AM
Spike

Let's see,
Thermacell and refills
skinning knife
2 lightening loaders
grunt call
Primos fawn bleat
Paper towels in a ziplock bag
rubber gloves
folding shooting sticks
binos
rangefinder scent killer
cell phone
word find magazine and pen
2 cold Gatoraids (it's quite warm down here during ML season)
Hand wipes
Flashlight
Old 07-26-2015, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't mention anything not muzzleloader-related. But when I gather all my items for the hunt, the very first thing I pack is my compass. Cellphones in our Huron National Forest cannot pickup any signals. We have to drive 30 miles to a nearest city to use our cellphone. Some of these small towns we drive by are in valleys, where cellphones won't work right in their downtown parts.

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 07-26-2015 at 05:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.