HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   What is in your pack? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/400455-what-your-pack.html)

BigtimerNC 07-25-2015 02:34 PM

What is in your pack?

So, what do you all keep in your pack while ML hunting?

sabotloader 07-25-2015 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by BigtimerNC (Post 4208970)
So, what do you all keep in your pack while ML hunting?

Holy cow! right now I really could not answer that - I would have to get the pack out and do an inventory. I probably have way to much, but I would rather have it than not have what ever it is.

But it is a lot of stuff. But you know that is a good question that I will have to investigate more.

What ever fits in this back pack

Triple Se7en 07-25-2015 03:17 PM

just muzzleloader-related stuff mentioned below and with me enroute to my sit-down hunting tree.......

small bent needle-nose pliers
long ramrod loading jag
small folding ramrod t-handle
two extra loads (primer/bullet/powder)
four patches
two cotton balls

BigtimerNC 07-25-2015 03:41 PM

I bought a new pack today and am loading it with stuff that I usually take with me. I'll post the list when I'm done.

sabotloader 07-25-2015 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by BigtimerNC (Post 4208980)
I bought a new pack today and am loading it with stuff that I usually take with me. I'll post the list when I'm done.

You recognize the rifle - correct?

ronlaughlin 07-25-2015 04:51 PM

Them are carried in pockets... pants, vest, and shirt; except knife is on belt. Tool is on key ring. Carry binocular around neck. GPS is in vest pocket. If hunting prairie also carry range finder in vest pocket. If weather is warm carry water in back vest pocket.

No pack.

Josmund 07-25-2015 04:53 PM

I go lite. Fanny pack. Three " Lanes Tubes " of powder, one with three bullet sabot combos. I have the red TC palm saver with 4 primers.

Other than that, some water, a few granola bars, knife, gutting gloves and my phone That's it.

I like to move when I'm out of the ground blind.

Josmund 07-25-2015 04:57 PM

Ron's post came in while I was writing mine. Almost the same list but I like to eat and drink when I'm out.

BarnesAddict 07-25-2015 05:10 PM

Compass
Couple Cheerios bars
Small first aid kit
Bic Lighter
6-8 full sheets of paper towel folded in a Ziploc bag
1 pair brown cotton gloves in a Ziploc bag
Wyoming knife
Buck knife
Rubber gloves
Gerber multi-tool.
30’ of ¼” rope

Reloads, "T" handle, patches and primer carriers are in my coat pocket.

bronko22000 07-25-2015 05:11 PM

Snickers, Peanut Butter Crackers, Granola Bars, Soda, Water, Sunflower seeds......oh wait, you mean ML stuff.
Well probably 3 loaded speed loaders (what a misnomer that is!), short starter, #11 caps or primers or extra flints, a small plastic bag with all the tools I would need to make any minor changes like nipples, vent liner, flint, etc, a couple cleaning patches, pan primer (flintlock), flashlight, field dressing gloves, a silicon impregnated cloth to cover my lock in the rain, toilet paper and paper towels and maybe some more items I can't remember right now.