Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C Triumph Bone Collector Mis-fires >

T/C Triumph Bone Collector Mis-fires

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Triumph Bone Collector Mis-fires

Old 07-24-2015, 06:48 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Simple analysis really.....it is because old minds wander. They loose focus. ......What was the topic?

JW
Old 07-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

dum da dee dee doo dee dum ---Huh? What? Where am I? Who dat? I tawt I saw a Putty tat!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've never seen a reason to stay on topic once the OP's question has been answered.

Off topic keeps the thread moving.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Off topic keeps the thread moving.
Is you thread blocked up? Try Offtopic® - The laxative recommended by 97% of bored forum members.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:42 PM
Spike

Still shooting. The mis-fires are history. Shot today, tried 110 gr. Pyrodex with Federal Bore lock, win shotgun 209 primers. 4 in group at 50 yds. 100 gr pyrodex, same result.

Cleaned out the breech plug. Cleaned the barrel well. Ran plenty dry patched too to make sure it was dry. Tried 110 gr.BH209 with Fed Bore lock bullet still 4 in group but 1st bullet by itself other 2 nearly touching but 4 in. away. Only had 2 more bullets left so figured I would do a 5 shot group. Both were close to the other two touching. So first shot a flier with everything clean. 4 inches away the next four shots are 1-1/8" group. What do you think? I feel sure I didn't pull the shot, I'm on a led sled, the works.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you may have a bit of a loose bore that needs a fouling shot. Common among todays inlines. Either you need a fairly tight fitting bullet/sabot combination to start with (may help with that first shot flier) or you can set your rifle up for cold clean first shot with whatever you choose to hunt with. OR you can do a fouling shot before the hunt. I just did a cold clean barrel shot test a few weeks ago and posted results. You may find it interesting mzelktag http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...lean-test.html
Old 07-30-2015, 04:49 AM
Spike

Thanks super hunt54. Saved the target and took a picture. Soon as I get more bullets in I will shoot again and see if it is repeatable. Still not sure how I will use it during the hunt if I am stuck with this. Just to be clear, ya can't hunt for days with a uncleaned barrel will badly corrode the barrel right?
Old 07-30-2015, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not a problem with BH 209.

Guaranteed rust with Pyrodex.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 07-30-2015 at 05:11 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Not a problem with BH 209.

Guaranteed rust with Pyrodex.
Guarateed rust is why I returned my unopened container of Pyrodex to Cabelas yesterday. Returned my Hornady One Shot Cleaner. Returned my two 20pks of Barnes XPBs.

I walked out with a new Range Rod, 50pk of 44 cal Harvester Crushed Ribs and a 50pk of Hornady XTP 300 gr.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

I would be careful about how long I left the barrel dirty on a triumph. The one I had that my father in law has now did rust and all that has ever been shot through it has been Blackhorn209.

In fact, this past gun season he brought the gun up to my house afterwards because the breechplug was stuck. I thought it may have been the threads but after working it out the threads were fine but the end was covered in rust (breechplug end now pitted) and so was the breech area. This is actually the second time this has happened so I have told him to forget about leaving that gun dirty for very long. I have not had a problem in stainless guns after leaving them dirty for weeks but blued guns and that Triumph has not been so well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.