Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Encore Endeavor - What do you think??? >

Encore Endeavor - What do you think???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Encore Endeavor - What do you think???

Old 09-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Encore Endeavor - What do you think???

I already have a Pro Hunter but I don't have a Muzzleloader barrel for it yet. I was thinking about getting an Endeavor barrel for it. What do you guys think about the Endeavor? (Pros and Cons) What kind of acurracy are you getting. I also thought about just getting another Omega. I really like the one I have but I want a Thumbhole Laminate stock. Which one would you get. Just trying to get as much info. as possible before I spend that much money. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:13 PM

Default RE: Encore Endeavor - What do you think???

arent the frames different due to the new model having an easy to remove with fingers, breech plug?

Saw one report but it wasnt good. They sold him one with a slightly bent barrel.

A lot of money just for something with an expensive to replace breech plug.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

I'm pretty sure they're the same frame. Does anybody else know for sure.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:33 PM

calling tc would be the best way to find out if it will work.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is a new Endeavor at our range, really nice. The owner likes it, and I am jealous. At this point he is shooting some pretty good targets but he's not hard to please; I set it up for him and zeroed it in, its not really broke in yet he got a couple of inch groups and you would of thought he had won the nationals the way he carried on. At this time it has a long way to go to shoot as well as my Triumph, but who knows after its broke in. It is a bit different in the breach area than the standard Encore so trying to use regular Encore barrels might not work best call Tech at TC and get a break down on what will and wont work. Lee
Old 09-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I know nothing about the rifle other then it is the top of the line for Thompson Center. And based on that, I would guess it would be an excellent rifle. Along with their excellent customer service and support, what more do you need..
Old 09-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Spike

I have one in 50 cal.It shoots under moa out to 200 yards. I really like it. It uses the same frame. The breach plug is in the barrel. I have a 222 mag barrel. Also a 257 Ackley barrel ordered for it. The 222 mag barrel was one from the custom shop that had been ordered and cancelled. So I got it at a reduced price. They said it was a 222. When it came, it was a 222 mag. It is a 22 inch barrel, only thirty six inches overall. I call it Shorty. You won't be disappointed with the endeavor.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

First there was the Encore. Then they took the same gun did a few changes and called it the Pro Hunter. Then they made a few more changes and now call it the Endeaver?!?!? It will be interesting to see what they call it next after the next changes. I think it is a joke. But the thing that gets me the most is that some guys out there will have to have this new named encore. Must be nice to have too much extra disposable income. As for me I am just another poor guy that is really happy to have and shoot my NEF Sidekick, which I will put up against any TC Encore or whatever they are calling them!

I don't like the gun and got rid of mine. As to customer support I will hold my thoughts, due to this being a family forum.Not bitter, just had an eye opening experience that brings back unhappy thoughts.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Typical Buck

over priced!!! someting about a gun that's a $800+ single shot with averge accuracy does't settle well with me.