Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
wal-mart   = bad guns??????? >

wal-mart = bad guns???????

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

wal-mart = bad guns???????

Old 10-25-2002, 11:41 AM
BT
Typical Buck

Default wal-mart = bad guns???????

well we went to get the bobcat for my wife. wm had 3 on display 2 of them were put together worng the wedge was not all the way in it looked like enough force was used that it wolloed out the wedge hole.....no problem they say. we have 3 that are in the box ready to go. they go get one. when the boxs is opend. the ramrod holder is broken. so they go get anoher one its front site is bent completly over. so they go get the last one in stock it looks like it has been shot and not cleand. the bore is rusty but so is the out side of the barral. its so bad there are pits on it...how does WM store there ml???? the boxes all looked ok. no water dammage and it was not crushed.-----my wife hanaled some of the other ml but did not like them. so i guess i am still looking for a bc.
L. O. D. Charter member and L.O.S.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:00 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-25-2002, 07:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: wal-mart = bad guns???????

WOW... I bet if word for out to the head manager of that Wal Mart, the person in charge of the sporting good section would be stocking shelves in the very near future. I have bought a number of different guns from Wal Mart, although none of them were black powder, and have not had any problem with their apperence or the manner in which they function...
Old 10-30-2002, 11:40 AM

i bought a 12 gage from wal-mart 2 days later when i first shot it the stock broke
Old 10-30-2002, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

OOPs, that sucks blackknight50. Our walmarts are all different up here to, they do not sell guns b/c of the process to do so now in Canada. As far as guns in boxes when I was shopping for a new rifle, a well know shop in the area(biggest as well), showed me guns in boxes that had damage from shipping or something. It seems as though they don't inspect them before placing them in storage or stock. Bad ones will abound, but I hardly think Walmart would be the culprit in these cases...but rather manufacturer's, shipping companies and then maybe the store for not verifing the merchandise upon arrival or stocking. But such is life with bigger, badder stores. I actually prefer buying speciality items, such as guns from the smaller dealer. CS service is always better, chances are they actually know what a ML, etc and how it is used.

Better luck next time.

Old 11-02-2002, 10:44 PM

yea i no an they wood not take it back or get it fix like there sopost to do i will nevery by another gun from wal-mart agin