Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 WAL-MART GUNS >

WAL-MART GUNS

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WAL-MART GUNS

Old 10-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WAL-MART GUNS

I have always heard that the guns in WAL-MART an other discount stores are made cheeper then the ones you get at the Gun Shops and thats why they cost less. I heard anything from their made with cheeper metal or wood and that the internal parts are cheeper. Is there any truth in this or is it just that they buy in such numbers that they get a discount. I have bought a few guns from WAL-MART, K-Mart exct. and they are holding up and working just fine. Mike
Old 10-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: WAL-MART GUNS

Well you heard wrong.

Walmart gets the same guns that the rest of the country does. Walmart is able to buy thousands upon thousands of them so they get very good prices. I would imagine that that single retail company buys as many or more guns as most major distributors.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Wal Mart and the large chains store are able to offer their products at much lower prices because of volume buying power. It is hard for a little sporting goods store to get the same price when asking for three rifles and Wal Mart asks for three semi loads of them. Of course a manufacturer is able to cut a better deal to the large chains. They in turn can work off volume sales and a smaller profit margin to then make a better profit margin, and a better deal actually for the consumer.

I was told by someone that used to work in thepurchasing department for a large chain store,some of these large chain stores play some real cut throat purchasing habits. They will purchase and have products delivered then claim the original asking price was too high and demand a discount from the first deal or that factory can at their own expense mind you, ship all that product back out of their store. The also suggest that if they do not get a good price they will take a competitors similar product and sell it for much less, just to dry the market up in a certain area or at a certain time of the year.

Many of the smaller business work on trying to sell volume at certain times of the year. When the large chain stores under sell them, ordrive the markets in other directions, it can cause some of the small companies to actually go out of business.

But quality wise, I believe they are the same rifle. A manufacturer like CVA or Thompson Center or anyone for that matter would not dare structurallycheapen a product to make a sale. They may change a product by name, or by features for a major chain. Bass Pro Shop sold a rifle called the Mountain Stalker made by CVA. It is a Bobcat for all intent and purpose. I can not tell the difference between the two. Also you might see differences in such things as stock material, sights, and colors, but the quality is still what the buyer should expect anywhere else.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually none of this is true. Wal Mart is actually running a factory that they built in a town near Edwardsville Missouri. In this factory they make guns that are labeled Remington, Winchester, Weatherby and others. They went to Africa and bought back about 1,000 pigmies to furnish labor for this plant at $.14 a day...that's fourteen cents a day. Walmart further furnishes room and board and lets them watch the Chiefs football games free.

The major gun companies haven't figured this out as they're so darn busy trying to straighten out their bolt handle problems and legal affairs...they just haven't noticed that wal Mart is selling their guns and they didn't sell any to them.

Further there is a Swift trucking terminal nearby and Wal Mart has hired Chimpansies to drive their trucks for them. The chimps work for bananas and no one at Swift has noticed as most of their drivers look like chimps too. In this way Wal Mart gets the guns in their stores for about nothing and they're making a mint on them.

Just thought you'd like to know.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dang, I had it all wrong.

Learn something new every day.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:12 PM

What gun brands does Wally World have? And how much cheaper is it?
Old 10-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oops, wrong thread.[8D]
Old 10-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vapodog

Actually none of this is true. Wal Mart is actually running a factory that they built in a town near Edwardsville Missouri. In this factory they make guns that are labeled Remington, Winchester, Weatherby and others. They went to Africa and bought back about 1,000 pigmies to furnish labor for this plant at $.14 a day...that's fourteen cents a day. Walmart further furnishes room and board and lets them watch the Chiefs football games free.

The major gun companies haven't figured this out as they're so darn busy trying to straighten out their bolt handle problems and legal affairs...they just haven't noticed that wal Mart is selling their guns and they didn't sell any to them.

Further there is a Swift trucking terminal nearby and Wal Mart has hired Chimpansies to drive their trucks for them. The chimps work for bananas and no one at Swift has noticed as most of their drivers look like chimps too. In this way Wal Mart gets the guns in their stores for about nothing and they're making a mint on them.

LOL thanks alot Vapodog I just spewded diet coke all over my keyboard!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Vapodog

Another conspiracy.[:'(]
Old 10-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

What gun brands does Wally World have? And how much cheaper is it?
pretty much everything , if it's not in stock they can order it..

I bought my 710 with Scope .270Win for $309 bucks.. not sure what the MSRP is but i think i seen it at $ 449,- i have seen it here at the outfitters on special for $339,- (that was a 1 day grand opening special) i think wally world has it for $324,64 to be exact.

Quick Reply: WAL-MART GUNS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.