Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 heres is your answer for wal mart guns.  i work there >

heres is your answer for wal mart guns. i work there

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

heres is your answer for wal mart guns. i work there

Old 03-31-2005, 01:16 PM

Default heres is your answer for wal mart guns. i work there

i work at wal-mart in the sporting goods dept.. store 1192.. no the guns aren't low quality.. wal mart buys them cheaper than the dealer can b/c they buy in bulk.. they sell them AT COST.. the theory behind this is.. women are 70% of the business.. if wal mart can sell the guns at a very low price, the husband can buy them AT WAL MART.. if the husband can find a good deal on the guns, then the woman stays happy with wal mart and KEEPS SHOPPING.. there u go.. a myth is busted..
Old 03-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: heres is your answer for wal mart guns. i work there

LMAO! Sneaky and smart...
Old 03-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Playa.....Very well done.....
Old 03-31-2005, 02:39 PM
Dominant Buck

You're a Gentlemen a Scholar and good gun Salesman!
Now try to convince some of the other Guy's.
LOT'S OF LUCK!!
Old 03-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: footballplaya

i work at wal-mart in the sporting goods dept.. store 1192.. no the guns aren't low quality.. wal mart buys them cheaper than the dealer can b/c they buy in bulk.. they sell them AT COST.. the theory behind this is.. women are 70% of the business.. if wal mart can sell the guns at a very low price, the husband can buy them AT WAL MART.. if the husband can find a good deal on the guns, then the woman stays happy with wal mart and KEEPS SHOPPING.. there u go.. a myth is busted..
yes I used to work at wally world too, (#1867) and I do remember being able to access pricing of items, and found that wal mart does strategically price certain items to make minimal (sometimes zero or negative profit) on certain items just to get a certain demographic into the store. Of course some items carried a 150% mark up too!! Balancing the equation out.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:11 AM
Spike

I have to admitt I'm sold on Wally World. Besides having a family of four, and being the main bread winner of the home (the wife don't work to take care of our two little ones). Wallmart is one of the few places that when it comes down to her restocking the house I give her the Bank Card and say get what ever you want. Just kidding however just a few weeks ago we were shopping at Wally World and I took my stroll through the sporting goods department to check out whats on sale left over from deer season. I spoted a Fixed Blade "Buck" Knife that cabelas sells for around $60, for $29.99. Well I thought it was a good deal so I told the clerk at the counter I'll take it, he explains to me "it's on sale because it has no box it was a display". I then checked it out and looked at the blade and verifyed everything was just like new and never been used so I gave him the ok to ring it up. The clerk rang it up and it came up $4.98!! I made him check it again because I believe everyone should get a second chance to correct a mistake, and sure enough it rang up again at $ 4.98. I bought that Knife and will continue to shop at wallmart because of the prices, true their customer service is not always to be desired however I consider myself a smart buyer because I know a deal when I see one, when it comes down to hunting fishing, and camping thats for darn sure.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CBASS77

The clerk rang it up and it came up $4.98!! I made him check it again because I believe everyone should get a second chance to correct a mistake, and sure enough it rang up again at $ 4.98.
I think I'll stop by Wal-mart to morrow and have them ring up all thier rifles for a price check!
Old 04-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

yes I used to work at wally world too, (#1867) and I do remember being able to access pricing of items, and found that wal mart does strategically price certain items to make minimal (sometimes zero or negative profit) on certain items just to get a certain demographic into the store. Of course some items carried a 150% mark up too!! Balancing the equation out.
Mossy that's part of the smoke and mirrors game they play but that a lot of "LOYAL" shoppers haven't picked up on yet.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I just can't find it anywhere else, I'll force myself to shop at Walmart. Otherwise, I avoid em'. I've never bought any kind of firearm, scope or anything like that from them. I don't enjoy going to Walmart at all.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't beat Wally world for sporting goods,fshing equipment,cammo,shells,scope or guns.

Quick Reply: heres is your answer for wal mart guns. i work there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.