Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! >

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Hunters, recreational shooters, competition shooters, those who want to be able to protect themselves and families with a firearm, and anyone who enjoys using firearms in any way must stand together, or else we will be dismantled piece by piece by the antis."

That's a good one when you say to stand together with the people out there affected by this BS Bill and then in the next paragraph you say run away and boycott. It appears that you need to take your head out from where the sun don't shine, then take it out of the sand and you might see the first rays of light as to why that whole idea of a boycott, if anything, is just the opposite of what should be done. I hope your idea of life in general isn't to up and run from any little thing that comes up to block your path!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
+1000 Muley!!!
Hardly. Instead, it shows the lack of awareness of how politics now operates in the US. Money is just about the last thing that influences politicians, and the boycotters are voting with their money.

This boycott has been put together with support from serious hunting groups, including the Outdoor Channel.

Tom Remington and I have had several personal conversations the past week about this situation. You might be surprised how he feels, but you won't know because he has to protect his position.

I have family, friends, a business and own a few parcels including a ranch in SW Colorado. There was a lot of thought put into this. I love hunting, but I love freedom even more.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't believe it will work. One thing is 100% sure. The businesses will be hurt bad. I live in a small town that depends on hunters, fisherman, and rafters.

Drought conditions has been hurting the fishing and rafting lately. Now you want to take away hunters too?

Don't expect me to agree with you.

btw..None of the bills that have passed affects me at all, and I doubt they ever will. I'm not crying wolf until I see one.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
It's with your exact mindset there in Australia that you don't have the right to own much of anything and why you need to keep it right there!
I understand where you're coming from and thats a fair point. Here the reason semi autos were banned was to stop massacres. And credit to the system we havent had one since.

Dont get me wrong I would love nothing more than to own a semi auto 223 to take into the bush but I would gladly not have one so a maniac down the road cant. The shame is you can have 1 million responsible gun owners like everyone on here seems to be and it only takes one moron to ruin it for everyone.

Personally from the outside looking in, it seems like your gun culture is embedded far more into your society than it is here so I don't think you'll ever have uniform legislation changes across the whole country. So take that as a compliment
Old 03-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wonder if any of these mass murderers were hunters?

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 03-27-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SakoBavarian
I understand where you're coming from and thats a fair point. Here the reason semi autos were banned was to stop massacres. And credit to the system we havent had one since.

Dont get me wrong I would love nothing more than to own a semi auto 223 to take into the bush but I would gladly not have one so a maniac down the road cant. The shame is you can have 1 million responsible gun owners like everyone on here seems to be and it only takes one moron to ruin it for everyone.

Personally from the outside looking in, it seems like your gun culture is embedded far more into your society than it is here so I don't think you'll ever have uniform legislation changes across the whole country. So take that as a compliment
The fallacy of your position is that no such law will prevent a criminal or madman from getting a AR, only law abiding citizens. I don't own one either and probably never will.

4-5 handguns with 10 round clips will do just as much damage in lives lost in the right setting.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by txhunter58
The fallacy of your position is that no such law will prevent a criminal or madman from getting a AR, only law abiding citizens. I don't own one either and probably never will.

4-5 handguns with 10 round clips will do just as much damage in lives lost in the right setting.
Yeh I know what you mean there and I'm sure are still a few kicking around but after port arthur they had a nation wide gun amnesty and every semi auto was crushed. Under extreme circumstances a special license could be taken out for 5 shot semi auto shotguns but other than that they're all gone. It sucked for my old man because he had his brother who had died semi auto shotgun which had to be crushed because he didnt have a good enough reason to keep it. I'm still pissed about that.

Having said all of that, as of about a year ago I got into archery and there are no restrictions at all on bows (except crossbows) so its very easy to get around with one of them. Which is why I use that as much as my rifle now.

On what you said though in NSW over the past year there have been a lot of bikie gang shootings which caused a big uproar with the greeny wankers trying to take our guns away (they jump at any chance). But to the police's credit they stood up and said that over 95% of all firearms related offences are committed by unlicensed people with illegal firearms so there is no reason to restrict us legitimate users any further.
Thats what really bugs me with the 1 in million to wreck it sorta thing.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

I don't care what kind of gun you shoot, but boycotting Colorado will hurt the people that are dead set against these fricken ridiculous laws. We have some of the best hunting in the country, our elk herds are insane, the mule deer are back and big ones are falling again here in Colorado, we have antelope, whitetail deer and mule deer on the plains of eastern Colorado and I haven't even mentioned the absolutely incredible scenery you will see. So come to Colorado, enjoy the hospitality of the real people of Colorado, just stay out of Denver or Boulder if you want to stay sane...those places are absolutely out of there minds!!!! We will get through this, we just need to stand strong, stand together and kick there asses!!

Dennis Hurrell
Colorado Outdoor Adventures
719-232-0085
[email protected]
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by coloradooutdoors1
I don't care what kind of gun you shoot, but boycotting Colorado will hurt the people that are dead set against these fricken ridiculous laws. We have some of the best hunting in the country, our elk herds are insane, the mule deer are back and big ones are falling again here in Colorado, we have antelope, whitetail deer and mule deer on the plains of eastern Colorado and I haven't even mentioned the absolutely incredible scenery you will see. So come to Colorado, enjoy the hospitality of the real people of Colorado, just stay out of Denver or Boulder if you want to stay sane...those places are absolutely out of there minds!!!! We will get through this, we just need to stand strong, stand together and kick there asses!!

Dennis Hurrell
Colorado Outdoor Adventures
719-232-0085
[email protected]
Maybe thats the state I need to go to when I head over to the US one day! ha
Old 03-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's amazing, relying on facts and applying them is not a liberal strong point. For example:

1) 90% of murders are committed by prior convicted felons with criminal records extending four or more years.

2) Over 50 percent of this country's murders are committed by 12.5 percent of the population (Black Americans). Another 27 percent are committed by Hispanics.

3) Up to 70 percent of murders are gang related

4) Zero NRA members committed murder last year.

5) Our violent crime is intrinsically tied to our welfare population.

6) Less than 4 percent of murders were committed with a rifle-of any sort, any yet they want our rifles.

7) The United States has 88 guns per 100 people. Honduras has 6.6 and leads the World in murders per capita. Lower guns does not mean less murder.

8) Felons get guns by circumventing the law.

9) Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens stops crime, but they ignore this.

I can go on and on and on with facts...but boycotting Colorado is as much a knee jerk reaction as these laws themselves. I also find it amazing that bears in Colorado get two strikes for bad behavior and then, they are terminated. Felons...one...two....three...four, they look at crime as a viable livelihood, and our government continues to provide them with a foot hold (Evan Spencer Ebel as case and point). Their ravage on law abiding citizens seems to have no end!

Where are the deterrents? Why are the existing laws not being enforced?

Sako, I've been to Oz. If given the choice, I would still take the good old USA over anywhere else in the world. There something about being caged (although purportedly secure) that rubs me the wrong way. If you need a host for your trip here, I'll be your huckleberry.

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 03-27-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.