Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

I will not be counted out till the , er, fat lady sings. I still have till Jan. 31 and I will continue to hunt until the last minute of shooting light. Dangit I will get a buck before season closes. LOL

By the way, where is drhntr178? I just knew he would put another on the board.

Ron you had some crappy luck there dude. You did your best though.

Later, LT
Old 01-06-2008, 11:37 PM

sorry guys I haven't checked in... ive been checking but too lazy to login and say anything.
been seeing a few decent bucks here and there so that gives me hope and with the snow melting im gonna do some shed hunting now.
I agree we have a good two year run going on here... hopefully we can pull something off.
as for me I'm done until September. I tried getting another doe so I could see the rage do its work in the snow, but that didnt fall together.
Good Luck for those hunting yet.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

LTK, you been seeing anything?

drhntr, you dead?

Anyone getting into anything lately. I have been pretty idle, just trying to work on the house when I can. I hope everyone is doing well.

-Jim
Old 01-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huntingson, I have been seeing a little movement here and there. Really have not been able to hunt my main property much lately. I know I will get at least 4 or 5 more sits there and a few closer to home. I have some real good feelings on some of these spots for late season.

Can someone find out if drhntr fell off the map please? LOL

LT
Old 01-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! I didnt think Id been gone that long. Yes, Im still alive. I didnt get to hunt much over the holidays but Ive had a couple hunts since. I saw 9 does and 3 bucks on monday. No shooters though[&:]. Tuesday I saw 5 does and 2 bucks, again no shooters. The deer have really started hitting my food plots as usual for this time of year.

Ive had a great year so far and couldve shot several bucks right around 120". I just cant seem to close the deal on one over 125+ as I set out to do this season. It has been a lot of fun trying though.

Im headed to my property in northern MO tomorrow for the weekend. It will be my last hunt of the year (season closes on the 15th). No one has been at this property for over a month so the deerbe calm.This time of year I mainly focus on hunting the food sources in the evenings and thats where Ill be at this weekend. I can gaurantee Ill see plenty of deer, I just need a shooter to walk by. Looking at the scores, that buck needs to be around 240+. Wish me luck!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will just wish for anything over 125 for you so you can release that arrow this year and make us that much closer. Even if we don't go ahead it will put some more pressure on the front runners with LTK still hunting. Good luck!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

My season is over. The last weekend was not good to me. Saw numerous deer but no shooters again. Hopefully all the bucks I passed on stick around for next year. On a side note, the turkeys were gobbling all weekend. I am pumped for spring already. Seems like they always gobble in the winter if there is snow on the ground.

Good luck to whoevers still hunting
Old 01-24-2008, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

I was out squirrel hunting last Saturday and came across a buck that was shot with a bow. He was tore up by the 'yotes, but he looked good at the head. I was wondering, if I had shot that buck during archery season, and didn't find him until now, would it have counted?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would think so. I think it would even count for P&Y, but I don't know for sure. Either way, what are you going to do with it?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

I left it there. It wasn't anything special, maybe 55 - 60". It wasn't mine, thought maybe the person that shot it may want it.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.