Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 you think your a trophy hunter? >

you think your a trophy hunter?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

you think your a trophy hunter?

Old 10-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default you think your a trophy hunter?

do you think you are i know a freind who had NEVER shotten a deer and he is 15 he is going to hold out till he sees a pope and young or better i dont think i will start " trphy hunting" till i get a few more deer under my belt i just think when he is going to draw aback on one hell $#!t his pants and possibly wound the deer his father is also a very big trophy hunter and i think he follows alitle to close to him

tell me yoour opinoion
Old 10-24-2004, 05:05 PM

Default RE: you think your a trophy hunter?

i have filled my buck tag and two doe tags my first year and last year i filled the buck and all three doe. this year i got my buck in bow and it was my largest yet. a 6 point with lots of mass and a 17 inch spread.

i think it is a good idea to get a couple deer down before one looks for a trophy pope and young. to see one that big is one thing then not knowing what to do/expect will make it all the harder to get um. it takes lots of work, scouting and preseason time to even get to see something like that. or a whole bunch of luck.

besides the way i see it i can't eat the antlers no matter how big they may be
Old 10-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

jeesh thats a alot of meat
lol
thanx now ... more than 1 person anser
Old 10-24-2004, 06:08 PM

I haven't shot a buck deer yet, I'm 16. It is not for a want of a trophy. Typically I don't feel comfortable witha 250-300 yard running shot through oak brush! Not many bucks where I hunt, but a lot of hunters![:@]
Old 10-24-2004, 06:30 PM

well, i havent shot that many bucks, or deer so i am happy with whatever i get. im going to try and wait for a bigger buck than i got 2 years ago, a 2x2, because i have 3 doe tags to fill, and one buck tag. but i will try and get a nice size buck, but if i have to shoot a doe i will. it doesnt matter to me. so in answer to your question, no i dont think im a trophy hunter, beings that ive shotten 2-2x2s and 1 little basket rack 3x3
Old 10-24-2004, 06:51 PM

im not at all a trophy hunter. last year i only filled my doe tag. i will say that im pretty good at long shooting. i got the doe at 200 yds with a 270.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

im 15 and iv got a couple respectable bucks but nothin really big, as far as trophy hunting goes, yea if theres a big buck im goin to shoot it but im not goin to hold out from him if there is another buck in front of me. cant eat the antlers anyway
Old 10-24-2004, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

this one kid i know has shot about 3 deer. now all he will shoot is bucks that score P&Y minimum. personally, i will shoot anything that walks in front me. i hunt for the meat not just for antlers. that doesnt mean if a big buck walks buy i wont shoot him i just aint picky like some people.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:54 AM

im 16 n last year i decided to wait and let a few bucks walk and ended up tagging out with a 10 pointer with a 16 inch spread, not a TROPHY buck by no means but a respectable one at that, being young IMO its good to let a few small bucks walk but to be waiting for a Pope n Young deer to come your way is a little bit of high expectations for a first deer.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with killer243

Quick Reply: you think your a trophy hunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.