Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 My girl gets mad at me bcause i hunt >

My girl gets mad at me bcause i hunt

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

My girl gets mad at me bcause i hunt

Old 10-12-2004, 10:40 AM

Default My girl gets mad at me bcause i hunt

How i get mixed up in this mess dont no but my gril gets mad at me when i go hunting an i dont no y she takes up for her uncle. an blackpowder opens satureday an i plan on going but if she gets mad wut do i do []
Old 10-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My girl gets mad at me bcause i hunt

If she gets mad that you hunt now, it will only get worse the longer you stay with her. She's just a girl and if you break up with her, you have the upper hand. You don't have to be mean, or tell her that you want to break up because you like to hunt, just explain that your interested in other aspects of life right now and you don't think that you can be a good boyfriend to her right now, but you have hopes that in the future you can try going out again and treat her like a real lady (always keep them thinking that you WANT to be with them, but it is your fault that you can't right now).
Trust me, this kind of stuff works and doesn't make you look like a horse's butt to her friends or other girls in the school.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:09 AM

First off your not married to her. I'm sure she does thing's you don't want to do either. And I don't know how old you are. but if hunting is that important to you, Man Go Hunting! There are more fish in the sea. But be polite to her and explain to her that hunting is what you do. Either she'll except that or she won't. My ex-wife never complained about me going hunting, until after my son was old enough to start going with me. Why she started then was news to me. She use to go to the cabin with me, or to the coon trial's I went to when I had my hounds. Now she's totally against me or my son hunting. Well, the woman I live woth now, I told her right in the beginning that I hunt and fish. And that she's either excepts that or I see her later. Now this girl calls up my friends and tell them to get me out of the house, and take me hunting. I wouldn't give this woman up for the world. She's is even thinking of taking up archery.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:25 PM

Offer to take her with you!!
Old 10-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

id say if all else fails find another girllol
Old 10-12-2004, 04:55 PM

i am 18 an i cant leave her i love her an she is pregnet so finding anther gril is out of the pic
Old 10-12-2004, 04:59 PM

congrats about the baby.....all i got to say is hunting is my number one thing....i have had several girls that just hate hunting ....and we just went seperate ways...but i'm trying to find a girl that would go hunting alot with me.....
Old 10-12-2004, 05:13 PM

Dude, if she gets mad at you and make you stop hunting, what else is gunna happen? Dont let someone get control over you like that. I mean, make time for both, but dont give up your passion just because of some chick.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with these fella's.............dude, congrats on the baby! Dont let some chick rule your life bro!!! Look there are bigger things in this world than some chick that dont want you to go hunting................u could be over in iraq like the rest of the kids your age wishing they could go hunting or even see there girlfriend!!!!! You need to pull up your skirt and grab your balz, and start laying the law down now, let her know you were the pants..............NOT HER! Trust me fella, if my work or my girl gets in the way with my hunting...........guess what? They are gone! No ? asked. Just tell her she is being selfish and you are going hunting, and anyone else that wants to run there mouth saying your wrong.........tell em to kiss your arse!!
Old 10-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whoa, you got her knocked up? Maybe you should have mentioned that in your first post. I think that changes stuff quite a bit. IMO a pregnant woman has some right to be pissy at times, and she wants her man to be with her during her pregnancy. Talk to her ahead of time about when, where, and with whom you will be hunting. Example: Honey, Next wednesday Ted and I would like to go quail hunting after work. We are going to Ted's Uncle's farm and we will be home at about 8:00. Remember you got her pregnant, she didn't get you pregnant. Therefore you might need to be extra nice for awhile.

Having gone through this very thing last year, I know that this will be much more beneficial for you and your relationship than saying "Screw you, I'm going hunting." or something similar.
How are your finances for raising your son/daughter?? Maybe you should look into a second job for awhile instead of going hunting? Working at a sporting goods store part time would keep you in touch with the sport and products.

Quick Reply: My girl gets mad at me bcause i hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.