Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 for the college bound >

for the college bound

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

for the college bound

Old 06-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default for the college bound

this is not something to be taken lightly... drugs and alcohol happen all too frequently whether people believe it or not and i for one will not pretend it doesn't happen... i'm not asking to know what anybody is involved with but i'm not about to believe that anybody here has never drank or tried a drug

as the college months approach and many of you are getting vaccinated to be on your way i want you to pay attention to this little known warning... the meningitis vaccination that you will be getting is dangerous when mixed with drugs and/or alcohol... since the legal drinking age in the US is 21, doctors are not instructed to warn against such things to the college bound upon getting the shot... a girl here that i had known since kindergarten was recently found dead in a friend's home due to interactions with the vaccination and alcohol and narcotics she consumed that evening... the amount of alcohol and drugs she had in her system was not enough to harm her but when combined with the properties of the vaccination it became lethal

please be responsible
Old 06-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: for the college bound

Sorry to hear about that girl especially since you knew her. i agree with you on the heads up for people going college. Sad to say nowadays, the term "surviving four years of college" is literally speaking now.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

*bump*

i really think people need to see this before it gets lost in the abyss
Old 06-29-2004, 09:42 PM

Definately needs to be seen. Huntingirl, my prayers are with you...
Old 06-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry to hear it but great info even for those who arent big drinkers.....I am with dragonslayers..my prayers are with you .....sorry to hear you lost a friend
Old 06-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hate to hear that, anyone taking this shot should heed this warning or you may be next. Any idea how long you have to wait to consume alchohol after the shot?
Old 06-29-2004, 11:42 PM

i'm not asking to know what anybody is involved with but i'm not about to believe that anybody here has never drank or tried a drug
You're not about to beleive that no one here has never drank or tried a drug before? I'm 16. I've been to numerous parties since I started highschool where many people have been drinking and at the least smoking pot. At these parties I've been offered some of it all, but have I ever accepted? No. has anyone ever given me a hard time for my decisions? No. I feel it's wrong for you to generalize teenagers as a whole and lump everyone in with the people who make poor decisions. Not everyone makes those decisions.

I'm awfully sorry to hear about your friend, that must have been tough to get through. Thank's for the warning, I'm sure it won't go unheard.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:17 AM

but i'm not about to believe that anybody here has never drank or tried a drug
I can honestly say that I have never drank an alcoholic beverage or tried a drug, tobacco or otherwise. It is against my religion and my personal beliefs.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well theres a few that may not of but ill bet the farm the majority of us have[>:]
Old 06-30-2004, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

i was not generalizing... i am a teenager too you know... i said that i didn't want to know what everyone was in to and i'm glad that you have made wise decisions... what i really meant was that some of you do, some of you have, and some of you don't and have never... i didn't mean this to attack anyone here... i just don't want anybody to get hurt... thats all... i'm sorry if you took offense to it washington but i was trying to look out for people... not attack them

Quick Reply: for the college bound

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.