Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 .22LR => some information please >

.22LR => some information please

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

.22LR => some information please

Old 06-26-2004, 06:17 AM

Default .22LR => some information please

i want to buy a .22LR to eliminate some moorhens,pigeons,rabbits,jackdaws,magpies and some jays. is this the right choice? the distance is about 50meters or in feet 150ft. does this rilfe makes al lot of noise? => if not i could shoot several in a row...
and what other animals could i shoot then? what brand should i choose (remington? Luger? winchester?....)
thanks
jonathan...
Old 06-26-2004, 12:23 PM

Default RE: .22LR => some information please

do u live in town is the first question. if you do i wouldn't advise shooting it in town. but if u live in the country it would be great
Old 06-26-2004, 12:27 PM

i don't live in town but i think that when animals hear gunshots they wil fly away so if i see 5 rabbits i want to take 2 of them down would that be possible??
Old 06-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ruger makes the best .22....Any type of gun is going to be loud but rabbits, at least that i noticed, have a tendecy to run away but stop. If you have an good scope or good at open sights (assuming the shot is safe) then you would be able to take a shot. The only flaw of an .22 is its not that great at longer shots but then again all guns are unless its an high powered one.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:47 PM

would you prefer a bolt action or the other one? => what's the name again?
is there another brand who has good .22 rifles??
thanks again
Old 06-26-2004, 12:51 PM

ow yah
what kind of scope should i put on it? and what kind of crosshair? i think a 30/30 would be nice no?
Old 06-26-2004, 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

Ruger makes the best .22....Any type of gun is going to be loud but rabbits, at least that i noticed, have a tendecy to run away but stop. If you have an good scope or good at open sights (assuming the shot is safe) then you would be able to take a shot. The only flaw of an .22 is its not that great at longer shots but then again all guns are unless its an high powered one.
how far can i shoot (precisely) with a .22 LR?
Old 06-26-2004, 06:25 PM

.22's make next to no noise. And they are as accurate and will kill a some animal as far has you can hit it good.I would recomend a Marlind bolt. But you'll have to look around to see what gun you want and how much you want to pay.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can get sub sonics, they arent as loud as normal .22 lr loads.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

22's make next to no noise. And they are as accurate and will kill a some animal as far has you can hit it good.
He said it best right there.

As for type of ammo, the regular lead-tipped ones aren't very good because they did to jam easily and you'll spend more time fixing then shooting.

Quick Reply: .22LR => some information please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.