Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Getting Scared >

Getting Scared

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Getting Scared

Old 06-21-2004, 08:26 AM

Default Getting Scared

Dont laugh but do yall ever get scared while still hunting deer befor dark. I mean i'm not a wuss or anything but some times i will start to hear things and get kinda frigthned i dunno though. I guess it is just bordum and tirdness but i wish i could get over it cause i love to deer hunt but dont like the fact i get scared somtimes cause i hunt 4 to 5 times a week. lol
Will
Old 06-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Getting Scared

i got scared the first two times i went out in the dark but i got over it. plus i was kinda young {11} so maybe that had something to do with it. i guess i just learned that nothing is going to happen and just keep on walking.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am sure i am not the only one who feels this way but i never was scared of the dark when i was younger, even as an little kid. There were a few times it was spooky but not frightning. Plus if you are out in the wood before an hunt, you should be too scared if you have a weapon
Old 06-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never been scared of the dark myself.Sometimes your mind can play some horrible tricks on you,your walking to your stand first thing in the morning,cant see anything in front of you and you hear a noise,or was it a growl from a wolf or bear,now your wondering---uhoh,now your mind is playing those tricks on you----no wait--maybe it was just a fuzzy little rabbit running and broke a little twig and made a snap---YA thats it,just a rabbit
Just tell yourself whats the difference in the dark and day time,same animals in the woods(besides monsters are in bed sound asleep before 5 am)
All im trying to say is that your mind will hear a snap of a twig and it all gets blown out of proportion,dont let your mind wonder,just think about getting to your stand and go from there
Old 06-21-2004, 02:02 PM

I let my imagination run a little wild sometimes, but theres never been a time when i was so scared i didnt go. I just walk a little faster sometimes. lol. Once i get to my stand or blind, im fine. But i agree, every little sound turns in to somethin really big.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its not a problem for me, i like being scarred, odd huh? Sometimes I hear things but i know its most likely some little critter that would wrather avoid me than hurt me.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:34 PM

No but a few time I have felt like there was someone hiding watching me
Old 06-21-2004, 05:23 PM

I think it is mainly my imagination. Were i hunt we can bait for the deer but you have to sit in the stand for like a hour and a half. before dark and usally you will only see deer right before dark. For about 15 minutes and then i have to wait till pitch black so i dont spook the deer getting out of the stand. But that hour and a half makes my imagination run wild lol...... i get so bored. i will hear a rabbit and say man that is a monster buck coming in and i get all excited and i am like DARN........ then some times i am thinking that is a monster or something lol hahhaa...... it is hard to describe but the feeling is unconfortable.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:06 PM

I've Never Been Scared Out In The Woods Hunting. I See Stuff At Night Really Good Idunno Why But I Can See Good At Night. I Also Figure Hey I Got A Gun....Lets Something Come After Me
Old 06-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to but I overcame it last year. There was one instance when I was scared last year though. Now I just kind of feel vulnerable but I'm not goin to let that stop me from hunting

Quick Reply: Getting Scared

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.