Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 well i got my trophy >

well i got my trophy

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

well i got my trophy

Old 11-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default well i got my trophy

well... i got my trophy deer... not exactly how i wanted to get it though... i was driving home from the horse barn tonight when BANG! followed by and " oh no i just tore the bumper off of the car and smashed the headlight" so knowing that i just wrecked my mom' s car and hanging my head kind of low adding up damage costs in my head i got out of the car to see what kind of damage i did to whatever i had hit... i went to the trunk first and got out my bow and drew it just in case (i don' t carry a rifle or anything in the car) i walked to the front of the car and looked on the ground to see probably the biggest deer i' ve ever seen... he was a 10pt buck with a 19 1/2 inch spread.. my jaw dropped so far to the ground i think it hit the deer.. upon calling the police and filling out another tag i had the very hard task of fitting a 195lb deer in the back of a small subaru by myself.. now i' m strong... but trying to fit the rack in the trunk was hard enough.. and we have a sunroof so the roof was out of the question.. it took me about a half hour to figure out how to get it in but i got it (with the help of a car jack) and drove home with the trunk open.. when i got home my dad first noticed the car and started freaking out and he thought that i had wrecked the trunk too because it was open but i brought him to the trunk and showed him what was inside.. needless to say the freezer is now overflowing and we even had to use some of our neighbor' s freezer space and his head is on his way to the taxidermy shop tomorrow to be mounted... i' m working two jobs for the rest of the winter to pay for my mom' s car but that deer was well worth it... so i got my trophy deer... just wish i could have actually hunted for it and not wrecked a car in the process lol
Old 11-29-2003, 06:31 PM

Default RE: well i got my trophy

sounds liek a good deer...well congrats
Old 11-29-2003, 07:31 PM

Sorry to hear about the car! But nice deer! lol thats something you' ll remember forever. Just be really thankful you weren' t hurt!
Old 11-29-2003, 08:08 PM

dont know what to say!
Old 11-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your mom didn' t have car insurance? Seems like she would help ya out sense it wasn' t exactly your fault. But hey at least your going to get a sweet mount out of the deal.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah we have car insurance but i still gotta pay for labor and the headlight to be replaced... my mom wants me to learn RESPONSIBILITY... every teenagers nightmare lol... after this i honestly think that deer commit suicide
Old 11-29-2003, 09:55 PM

huntingirl.......save money and use duct tape! ur from new york so you peobably don' t know all the redneck tricks! lol I love responsibility! I get hit with that all the time!
Old 11-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey don' t hit me with the new york thing lol... if it were my car i' d reach under the fender and pop out the dents with a 2x4 then put clear tape over the headlight and rewire it myself then pop the bumper the rest of the way off and fix it with a rubber hammer and bolt it back on... then all theres left to do is whipe off the blood and deer hair and go inside and cook myself up some homemade venison stew
Old 11-29-2003, 10:43 PM

I didn' t mean you were from NYC! New York is northern, I didn' t think you were familier with Gods gift of duct tape! But I' m in Ohio so I' m Northern too......But I' m only a lil bit away from Kentucky! At least you live in a good state! Ohio has no big game except for deer and there is very little big woods, 20 acres of trees and brush is a forrest to me!
Old 11-29-2003, 10:47 PM

huntingirl, every guy in america that aint wearin a pink shirt is lookin fer a girl like you i think

Quick Reply: well i got my trophy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.