Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
the worst small game >

the worst small game

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

the worst small game

Old 05-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ptarmigan in the high peaks of CO. I can find them all summer but as soon as the season opens I couldn't buy one! To this day I have never taken one or even seen one when the season is open. Let the season be closed and I'm stumbling over them!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

i'm past the days of just indiscriminately shooting animals just to shoot them so i can't say i really hate any small game. that being said, i can understand the frustration that comes with a nuisance animal too.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

This from the person who thinks it is fun to see a poorly shot animal suffer and "go berserk" in your words. Now this, "so i love to hunt small game (squirrels,racoon ect)squirrels are the devils peti hate them they are so annoying". So, you like to see things suffer, you hunt things you hate and find anoying. You really shouldn't make any more posts because you are not a person for a hunting message board.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can't help but notice the OP has deleted to original post. I'm asking the MODs to delete the entire thread if the OP has abandoned it.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Spike

what is wrong with me saying that hunting is fun?! I mean this is a hunting website.When I said the thing about the hog,I was just saying what i thought was true.It is a little mean I do agree and I am sorry if I made anyone mad and/or sad.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only thing sad was you calling yourself a hunter. You said you like to see an animal suffer, people like that should not hunt, nor be allowed to hunt. Hunting is fun, sadism(the enjoyment of pain of others and inflicting said pain) has no place in hunting.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 06-03-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if they are the worst or not, but I've had really poor luck hunting Quail. They are really good at hiding, then breaking cover right under my feet with a rush of whistling wings, that shocks me more often than not, even though I'm expecting it. Kind of like a Quail grenade going off.

Jack Rabbits can be fun, especially in the high desert where clumps of brush grow with open spaces between the clumps. When the Jacks bed down mid morning. you can kick the brush clumps and every so often a Jack comes busting out at full speed. They come out in any random direction, take three bounds and change direction, then do it again and again. You almost have to anticipate which direction they are going next and lead them some. It takes really good reflexes and instinct aiming to get any hits. I've had some fun times Jack hunting. And actually Jacks are pretty good eating, no much meat on them, but what is there is tasty.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting is fun, sadism(the enjoyment of pain of others and inflicting said pain) has no place in hunting.
Well said.
.................................................. ......
Old 06-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jake_the_kid
what is wrong with me saying that hunting is fun?! I mean this is a hunting website.When I said the thing about the hog,I was just saying what i thought was true.It is a little mean I do agree and I am sorry if I made anyone mad and/or sad.
Here's a little question: Why have you deleted all your posts except this one? Is it because nobody else seems to agree with your "questionable" perspective on hunting?
Old 06-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
Here's a little question: Why have you deleted all your posts except this one? Is it because nobody else seems to agree with your "questionable" perspective on hunting?
I don't think he deleted them. I think maybe one of the Mods did it because they violated site rule #4! He can correct me if I'm wrong and/or answer your question if he did it himself. However, he hasn't even logged onto the site since he made that last post.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-09-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.