Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 What comes first? >

What comes first?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

What comes first?

Old 10-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Spike

Default What comes first?

I know a lot of you have girlfriends and was just wondering do you put hunting or other people first, make time for both, or does it go back and forth? I know hunting is a lot of fun and sometimes for me its hard to choose.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:53 AM

Default RE: What comes first?

You have some hard choice ahead of you...Do all the people know that you are a hunter???? If they do then there is NO choices to make...Hunting is only for a few months of the year and if they do not understand that you go hunting to put meat on the table then they are not hunters and they will NEVER understand...I set 1 week every year to just go hunting plus every weekend to go...The rest of the year is for friends and family...[:-][:-][:-]

Good Luck & Happy Hunting
Old 10-07-2003, 01:11 PM
Spike

Hunting is something I like to do, but the people in my life are more important than spending time in the woods or killing something, I could have bought a lot more meat from the store for the money adn time I' ve invested in acquiring wild game. The only times I can go hunting when I' m home is also the only time I get to see the people in my life, which is like one or two weekends a month. Everyone I' m friends with and my family knows that I hunt, when I was home I hunted every minute it wasn' t dark or I wasn' t in school. My gf doesn' t like the fact that I would kill ' poor defenseless litle animals' but she accepts it.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:50 PM

My friends get so mad because i hunt more than anything. They laugh at me. Once the season gets here, im no where to be found. But, they also dont understand that the reason i hunt sometimes is because its like theropy and it gets me away from them and all the stuff ive put up with over the past 8 monthes. So, hunting to me comes before people. Sorry if you guys think my priorities are wrong, but im not changin.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:06 PM

HidinFromFeds,

There is one in my school that I like and I can compromise. I get part hunting, and part spending time with people. The way I do this though is clever. I take her hunting! Mwahahah!
Old 10-07-2003, 10:48 PM

i hunt on the wkends, and spend time with my g/f and friends and fam on the wk days and at nite, other than that im off hunting or fishin.but my g/f likes to do both so it works out well.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I dont have a g/f at this moment in time so whenever hunting season comes around, i spend alot of it hunting. Off seasons i spend it with family and friends but i always keep up with updates and other hunting related subjects no matter what. Hunting has always been a big part of my life, however, its not my life fully.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:37 PM

Nearly always hunting, except for the big football game against our rivals. And everyone wonders why I never have a girlfriend before January....lol

Timba
Old 10-09-2003, 06:32 PM

Hunting! The heck with everyone else. I know, I' m a jerk. If I' m plannin' to practice with my bow, then one of my friends wants to play football...........I shoot my bow. That' s probably why I don' t have many friends. A girlfriend during hunting season? Noooooooooo!!!! Especially one that hunts, cuz' then you' ve got TWO hunters to pay for! LOL I figure if I work my butt off all summer makin' money to hunt and shoot, and nothing else (giving mom half of it all the time) then I deserve to have some fun with it at the end of the year! Like I say, pretty much all I live for is hunting. Shoot, if it weren' t for hunting, I' d be dead now.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:42 PM

Hunting takes a back seat when it comes to important people in my life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.