Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

New hunting!

Old 04-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Spike

Default New hunting!

Spring is coming up, the snow is starting to melt and I can't help but to get even more excited as the days go by! This spring i'll be going out bear hunting for my first time and in the fall i'll be going out pheasant hunting. It'll be great experiencing something different. Hope everyone is doing good and getting ready for the upcoming seasons in the next year, good luck all!
PS. Feel free to share any tips on bear or pheasant hunting!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

I'll tell you how slow this forum has been in the offseason...I think I'm getting excited for YOUR bear hunt lol. Where are ya headed to? Give some details about the hunt. I've always wanted to hunt spring bear. Sorry no advice for ya on that one. Good luck tho!
-Jake
Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Spike

Hahaha, I've noticed that it has been quite slow in here. I've been posting a few things to see what everyone was up to and such. But I thought since nothing else is going on may as well post about my bear and pheasant hunts coming up. Well, my grandpa has been doing some bear hunting so I asked if I could tag along. We got the bait ready and are supposed to be finding a place to set it sometime soon. We'll have a stand up and then we'll have to play the waiting game. We haven't tried this spot before either so I guess we'll see if the cards are on our side. I'm just going bear hunting around the area. We have a lot of wildlife around here so I don't usually have to travel too far which is pretty nice.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

i like to wait behind a rock and when the bear comes along i whack him on the azz w/ a barn shovel
Old 04-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hunting_chick6
Spring is coming up, the snow is starting to melt and I can't help but to get even more excited as the days go by! This spring i'll be going out bear hunting for my first time and in the fall i'll be going out pheasant hunting. It'll be great experiencing something different. Hope everyone is doing good and getting ready for the upcoming seasons in the next year, good luck all!
PS. Feel free to share any tips on bear or pheasant hunting!
I would not hunt bear. Too cold....

Old 04-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck95

you live in NY. what do you mean too cold. NY -20 in the winter and 100 in the summer
Old 04-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BigBuck95

Buddy, i'm from Canada! The weather right now is warm we still got two-four feet of snow but it is slowly melting away. The average temperature right now is about 41 can go to 14 or lower, i'm itching for spring!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skybuster20ga
i like to wait behind a rock and when the bear comes along i whack him on the azz w/ a barn shovel
haha shoot em with a bb gun.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
you live in NY. what do you mean too cold. NY -20 in the winter and 100 in the summer
I was making a play on words with bear/bare guys. I can deal with cold. Just not "BARE" hunting
Old 04-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Spike

Bear baiting isn't any "fun" in my opinion; where is the sport in baiting a bear, waiting in a tree and taking your shot? Like shooting a dog when it's at it's bowl, too easy. Tracking and attack is the only method for me. However, best of luck to you and make sure your Grandfather tags along during your first bear hunting!