Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Elk

Old 12-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Elk

We made a quickie to Wyoming yesterday

It was about a mile climb from the initial spot; a simple use of terrain to mask our approach before the 200yd shot.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Nice job! SOme more details? WHat'd you shoot her with? She drop there? Story Story Story! Good job tho
-Jake
Old 12-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

It wasn't me behind the trigger, but the story goes--- this area is infested with elk and people want 'em killed. We spotted a heard of about 40 from 1 mile and walked up a creek bottom, then straight up a hill to where they were bedded (we're not talking a little hill here ). Popped up over the top and my friend's dad made an easy 200yd shot with his ol 308 and 150gr core lokts. She stood where she was hit for a bit before falling down. The pack-out was very difficult; we had a sliver of rugged state land we had to stay in, so there was no easy route out. I think it took 2 1/2hrs. Woulda been easier to chop stuff up first, but it's kinda more fun to take pics with the whole thing.