Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Buck's

Old 07-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

just went to my aunts property that im hunting this year. i found to spots that are total killer. spot 1- a small clay bed that fills up with water in a small clearing (30 yards wide by 40 yards long) that is filled with huge tracks and a small rub from last year. sport 2- a grassy area on the edge of a ravine that buts up against the bean field and 5 trails come together at one place. im going down to put 2 mineral licks out there and apples
Old 07-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

good luck storm im dieing to check my trail camera
Old 07-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by pighunter270
You guys are lucky. I'm bowhunting tiny coastal blacktails in open country. Success rate for archery in my zone was 3% last year. I'm happy to get anything with a bow. It has been a pretty good season though. Got within 10 yards 3 times but couldn't stick one.
Where abouts? I know I won't make it this year but maybe next year. Just need to find out where I can go.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

thanks kuk. i am too. this first week and a half session of no checking prooved to be stupid becuase my step mom put my cuddyback card in the nikon camera and messed it up so it took one pic then kept trying to take pics and the batery died. my stealth got a pic of a huge buck for july. we think he is the 160 ten we saw last year... he will be easily 170 this year... the mass is insane. ill get you guys some pics this weekend
Old 07-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome,I set my camera out awhile back waited 3 week's went to check it, I had 3 picture's the batteries had died within 4 hour's after I put it out so I switched out batterie's and put more trace mineral out
My camera is 1.25 mile's just to walk up their and another 1.25 back so I wait quite awhile before I check my camera it'd be better if it was october and about 50 degree's so I could be in a stand right now lol.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

ride a quad or drive thats what i do lol
Old 07-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would but I have no 4 wheeler so I'm stuck walken lol .. ahh well good exercise
Old 07-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

lol yeah. oh ride a bike. its alot faster
Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been seeing a lot more bucks than normal this year. Mostly out in the farm fields, but there have been a lot just standing around by my house.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

yeah i havent seen any by my house but its all corn so im sure they are all in there. i was walking down the tracks hunting ground hogs the other day and i saw tons of tracks mostly does but some bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.