Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
Snow days! Snow days! >

Snow days! Snow days!

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Snow days! Snow days!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Snow days! Snow days!

We are having another set of snow days. 2 in a row this week. Might not have school tomorrow either! We have had like 3 school weeks where we have had several snow days in a row. I think it is starting to get old, and boring. Now that I am in college, I don't have to make them up, just pay for them! Anybody else think this is getting old?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

we have got out early last 2 fridays in a row... no school today 90% sure none tomorrow
Old 02-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

i wish we could have at least one snow day here. I go to the University of Kentucky, and we have yet to be off school or even have any classes canceled due to snow. It would be a blessing here and im hoping for one tomorrow
Old 02-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think when it snowed here about 11 years ago, the schools shut down for the day. That was extremely rare for these parts.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

yeah we never get out of school. im not sure why but we dont. but the bad thing is that deer season just closed sunday... and i still had a tag to fill haha
Old 02-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

we had a snow day here to today so i went rabbit hunting. it wasn't a very smart decision to go today. the snow was really deep and the dogs were having a hard time getting through. it would be better if there was a layer of ice then the dogs could get through the snow easier. if we get tomorrow off we'll probably go again without the dogs
Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

yeah we are out today again. ill probably go rabbit hunting back behind the house this weekend... or mabey go after some coyotes. i just need to get out i havent hunted since about christmas!! turkey season needs to roll around quick ill need all the season i can get im going out with the ol stick n string this year
Old 02-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

We've been gettin snow at least once a week for two weeks now, they closed schools down the first time for two days. But we don't get snow like y'all do up north so its really no comparison. But I hate snow days, snow means it's cold, and cold means ice and ice means that stock tanks have to be busted up and cleaned out so livestock can drink and then that means I gotta feed to make sure nothin dies. It aggravates quite a bit.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

that doesnt sound like much fun at all
Old 02-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tobe_B
We've been gettin snow at least once a week for two weeks now, they closed schools down the first time for two days. But we don't get snow like y'all do up north so its really no comparison. But I hate snow days, snow means it's cold, and cold means ice and ice means that stock tanks have to be busted up and cleaned out so livestock can drink and then that means I gotta feed to make sure nothin dies. It aggravates quite a bit.
I have to do the smae thing. The beef and pork have water heaters, but my bird farm, no. I have to bust about 100 little waters up a day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.