Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
Went sheep hunting yesterday... >

Went sheep hunting yesterday...

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Went sheep hunting yesterday...

Old 01-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default Went sheep hunting yesterday...

and this is all I got.

If the whole year goes like this then I'm gonna need to take out stock in ammo so that I can afford to shoot my rifle.

I saw some sheep but no shooters. When we were walkin back to the truck to hit up the main canyon, my dad and I saw a group of about 50 or so pigs on the side of a hill just meandering away. I shouldered my rifle and dropped that guy right in his tracks and then put lead in two others as they went hauling off in to the canyon. Never found those other two, but found lots of blood. Ran into another group on the way out and my dad shot one that time, but we didn't take a picture.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

Cool ,that would be sweet to hunt pigs lol
Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting pigs is not that fun, or hard. I just drive to a hog-site. There are like 20 within 10 miles of town. Go inside, shoot them. But, they do taste good!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

Excellent work! Looks very tasty to me!

Best of Luck,
Jeff
Old 01-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Nick I disagree about the huntin hogs thing, I just don't care to see them when I am lookin for something else. My favorite way to hunt them is with dogs. But since mine aren't old enough to that yet I have to go with other people which is very rare. But workin the canyons that we hunt lookin for them can be a very challenging hunt, and you'd better be a good shot at a moving animal. I can count on one hand the amount of pigs I shot that were at a stand still under a feeder.