Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 It's coming quick! >

It's coming quick!

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

It's coming quick!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Default It's coming quick!

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has been doing any preseason scouting yet or working on stands or property. Deer season will be back before we know it!I've cut down about 15 trees around one stand and have mad a nice opening. I just threw a salt block there a couple days ago and the deer are tearing it up. I also did a little scouting and have seen a few small buck and lots of does. No fawns yet tho.
Anyone seeing fawns out and about yet or are they all sill hiding? Just curious as to what everyones been up to, this place has been dead.
-Jake
Old 05-31-2009, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It's coming quick!

im still dealing w/ the courts man. and works been busy. lots of new houses right now
Old 05-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you have made it out and about Jake.

Been seeing a few fawns around the fields in Michigan.

I had the day off Friday so I cut a couple very nice shooting lanes and planted some small crop plot. Not expecting a ton out of them, just enough to keep deer moving through the area.

Sadly, I got myself into some poison ivy but recieved the shot today to clear it up.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Haven't done anything scouting wise. We lost all of our leased land because the land owner is selling so me and my dad are desperately searching for new land while taking all of our blinds out of their current locations. But I have seen a few small fawns on a buddies ranch the last few weeks, nothing with antlers yet, and no whitetail, just mulie.

Tobe
Old 06-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

im going out this weekend to clear some paths and get the stands hung and do some scouting
Old 06-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

I don't hang my stands or cut the shooting lanes until about two weeks before the season starts.. But i'm constantly checking the 8+ trail cams for nice bucks. Saw 1 fawn on the pics, but right now i'm still heavy into fishin
Old 06-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

planted clover plot about a week ago, just got my cast off, seen lot of fawns, and got some good pics of velvets on trailcam
Old 06-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

good to see you're still alive brandon, and I know what ya mean. We're staying busy at work too, mainly putting drive ways in for new properties.
-Jake
Old 06-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Thhers been many fawn around here in Friesland, Wisconsin
Old 06-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only thing i have done is put my trail cam's out and refresh my mineral licks. I will soon start to tear down a few permanent stand son my property that are not safe anymore. Ill start glassing for bucks in July.

Quick Reply: It's coming quick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.