Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 who here has a muzzleloader? >

who here has a muzzleloader?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

who here has a muzzleloader?

Old 11-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default who here has a muzzleloader?

i have been toying at the idea of getting a muzzleloader for awhile, today i shot a friends thompson center omega with thumbhole stock camo and stainless steel. it put him back about 800 bucks. needless to say im interested in getting a good muzzleloader for a LOT LESS than that, but one that i can shoot accuarely up to 100-200 yards. what kind do you havew and do you have any reccommendations?
Old 11-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Little Doe Peep

Default RE: who here has a muzzleloader?

My .50 caliber Hawken style muzzleloader is my favorite gun. It's a traditional style caplock. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a caplock pistol to match it just like my husband's for Christmas.

Traditional style muzzleloaders are really good only to about 100 yards. Excuse me, I know I'll start a debate, but the gun you're describing isn't really what was meant when they approved the special season for "muzzleloaders." In my opinion, if it's not a traditional style muzzleloader, it's not a muzzleloader.

May The Sheep Be With You
Old 11-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a New Frontier Beartooth Magnum, which is the same gun as the CVA Wolf, just a different name. I got mine bare gun for $150, and after I put a scope on it was still down around $250. The Wolfs are the same price. I'd highly recommend them, especially for the price. I killed my buck with mine this year, my dad killed a big 6 with mine last year, and my dad's killed 3 deer with a Wolf this year. Check 'em out.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: daddyslittlegirl

My .50 caliber Hawken style muzzleloader is my favorite gun. It's a traditional style caplock. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a caplock pistol to match it just like my husband's for Christmas.

Traditional style muzzleloaders are really good only to about 100 yards. Excuse me, I know I'll start a debate, but the gun you're describing isn't really what was meant when they approved the special season for "muzzleloaders." In my opinion, if it's not a traditional style muzzleloader, it's not a muzzleloader.

May The Sheep Be With You
that is an awesome gun
BTW did u get a deer evan???
Old 11-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have 11[&:]
Old 11-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have an encore pro hunter, its a sweet gun!
Old 11-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

i have the standard TC encore with a luepold VX II on it and also a TC black diamond with iron sights ( to bad they don't make it any more it was a great starter gun)
Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have looked at the wolfs becasue they so cheap and heard great things. can you get the wolf with camo stock and stainless barrel?

sky u have 11 MUZZLELOADERS???????????????? WOW THAT AWESOME! WHAT KINDS?

no i didnt get a deer jake. we got there at 7 and was out moving around till 10 and then got home and didnt see nothing. my phone was on silent and kyle tried to call me but went stright to my voicemail to let me know they were hunting the night too. they did a deer drive and everyone got a deer they got like 8 deer total. im pissed
Old 11-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

i have looked at the wolfs becasue they so cheap and heard great things. can you get the wolf with camo stock and stainless barrel?
Not sure, I don't think it's needed though.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a thompson/center tradition cap-lock. i love it

Quick Reply: who here has a muzzleloader?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.