Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 i messed up bad today boys >

i messed up bad today boys

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

i messed up bad today boys

Old 11-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default i messed up bad today boys

well my season so far has been tougher then most w/ our state having records low deer population after last winter but doesnt matter, ive been hunting the same as always. ive gone probably.....60/70 miles so far on foot hunting and finally today i jumped out a couple deer. they split and im pretty sure the buck bedded lower then the doe ( a trick bucks use to set up their back trail for preditors) well i was trackin down this white oak ridge and it was windy as hell so it was loud and i guess i got by the deer before they broke but they went down hill and to my left so i took 4 or 5 big quick steps to ghet to the edge of the ridge and i see a deer coming back across on my right down in the gut of the mountian about 120 yds away. it was all hard wood and whips but i could make out a deer trotting back into the wind. i had my bead on him ...or her i dunno but i didnt fire...im pretty sure it had some kind of horns. big, small i dunno. then i looked and a big doe was comin back at me but i didnt shoot. still a little early to use my doe permit. lucky for my i was drawn for one this year in case i need to use it. the way this season has been goin for everyone around here and state wide i may have to shoot the next thing i see. better then eatin bullets all winter!!....but usually you only get one chance a year up here..i hope that wasnt it.

i had to get that out lol the thing that makes me the most mad about it is there was no lesson to be learned. it was just pure bad luck! evenb w/ a scope there was not shot.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: i messed up bad today boys

Keep at it Brandon
Old 11-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah just keep hunting youll get one probably
Old 11-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

hahah yea i know but im mad at myself for not using my head more. i knew that if they were bedded the buck would be more down wind then the doe and the trail they come in on and i charged down the track anyways then when they split i was tryin to tell if there was any horns and im mad at myself for not assessing the sitation quicker. iver shot almost 35 deer w/ my tactics of tracking and stillhunting and i just plain and simply messed up toady and i knew better. if i dont get my deer his year it will the the 1st time
Old 11-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

youll get one just be persistence and keep thinking youll get one works for me when im down
Old 11-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow amn sounds tough i think youl have another chancei believe in yuo
Old 11-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

wow amn sounds tough i think youl have another chancei believe in yuo
you get one or see anything?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

no worries sky! you woulda been takin a shot thru alot of thick stuff it sounds like...werent 100% sure on the shot so you waited..no shame there! you will be rewarded for you patience! keep at it...you'll get them
Old 11-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would have taken the shot if i could have thought faster about what as happening at the moment lol i got two more days to hunt so hopefull things come together. this is by far the worst ive ever seen the hunting here as far as deer goes
Old 11-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats not good to hear..............why you think the hunting so bad?

Quick Reply: i messed up bad today boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.