or obama biden????????" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 obama or mcain>? >

obama or mcain>?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

obama or mcain>?

Old 10-06-2008, 04:10 PM

Default RE: obama or mcain>?

ORIGINAL: Bocajnala

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

ORIGINAL: Bocajnala

I'll do this nicely for you. it will be organized and everything.
"But coming from the chairman of the Finance Committee, one of the two Senate committees with a predominant role on the health bill, a proposal to tax ammunition immediately becomes a serious issue"
"Obviously that is a source of revenue that could be examined, and we will consider it,"
"Mr. Moynihan's proposal would raise the current 11 percent tax on the wholesale price of handgun ammunition to 50 percent in most cases. It would not raise the tax on .22-caliber ammunition typically used for target shooting."
"That high tax rate would also apply to all .50-caliber ammunition, which is for very large handguns. "These bullets have no purpose other than to cause the greatest possible destruction of human life," Senator Moynihan said about the ammunition he wants to tax at 10,000. "We must effectively tax these hyper-bullets out of circulation."
"A box of 50 higher-grade .38-caliber cartridges may sell for about $16, with the tax $1.20. The tax would increase to $5.90 under the Moynihan proposal. "

Please sir, try and know your stuff before you talk. That is from the NY times by the way.
-Jake
Said they were going to and actually is doing it is two very different things. And they were only talking about handgun ammo. That conversation is just two ignorant people. A greater increase of the price of ammo is because of the war. Is this bill even put into affect in any state yet? Doing so would be against the constitution and you would see this case in the supreme court with the NRA winning. Because I really doubt it will ever be true. Dont believe everything you read.
So it is ok to tax our handgun ammo? And for the record this bill was just put up on sep. 23rd for consideration. Also, california, chicago and Atlanta all are discussing similar things. This would be a DRASTIC RAISE the taxes I am talking about are the ones that have been added slowly the last few years. it is now up to 11% which is a lot more then three years ago. But I'm sure your right. We do not need handgun amunition. we can just point and click and say bang. it will be almost the same right?
So how is a bill that is being put up for consideration affecting our taxes now raising them almost 3x the previous amout?
Old 10-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

It is from taxes being placed on the companies that produce high capacity magazines, and "hyper bullets". They get taxed higher, they raise their prices.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

It is called the faet-tax mot companies pay it quarterly. ammunition companies are currently paying it bi-weekly. it makes a big difference my friend.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

So lets vote in mccnain/palin and then what? The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. obamas taxing proposal gives us more money to spend on the things we love to do. if mccain gets in office i might as well kiss hunting goodbye because i'm going to have to work all the time and wont be able to afford to hunt anymore. unless you guys are making more than 250,000 dollars a year, i cant see the absolute advantage in having them in office. republicans have been in office the last 8 years and what have they done for us? besides giving oil companies tax breaks while making dividend profits in tens of billions of daollars while gas has nearly tripled since they have been in office. ten billion dollars a month goes over seas to a cause that has no end in sight. it sounds like a great idea.

And this 700 billion dollar helping hand that the government is going to do to save the economy, what is the deal with that? with about three hundred million people in the united states why not divide that up between every legal tax paying citizen and get the economy moving that way.

Im not trying to argue im just trying to bring up some useful points about the future of our country that everybody should know and think about.

-Nick
Old 10-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

It'll never happen, but here's my candidate

Old 10-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

I agree. That bill was raised to...I think 865 billion? which is rediculous and I am not sure on the basics of what they did. I do know that the stock market dropped again today, so the bailout plan has not helped anything yet...... I can't however vote for someone that goes against my basic beliefs. We have all had to tighten our belts. We all feel it. And no, I don't make 250+ a year. I'm a college kid trying to work my way through school. But, I do know that I can not vote for someone who is against guns. He voted for the assault weapon ban, which we all know was basically a total lie. Criminals still had them, we did not. I just have trouble voting for someone who goes against almost everthing I believe, just so I can have a few more dollars in my pocket. I am still richer then 90% of the world. I guess I just know that, yea I dont have much money, but life ain't so bad.
-Jake
Old 10-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ironically thats my candidate too. I didn't even register to vote. The deadline was a couple of days ago, but neither Obama or McCain are worth the dirt beneath their feet, so maybe next election.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

I also agree. It is the lesser of two evils....but.... one of those two will get in. So I picked one.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

McCain-Palin!!!!!!!!! all i had to know was that she hunted and i was already on their side lol but on a serious note, i think that pair would help the economy way more then obama-biden ever will
Old 10-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

McClain- Parlin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.