Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Broke My Thumb >

Broke My Thumb

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Broke My Thumb

Old 08-31-2008, 06:52 AM

Default Broke My Thumb

Hey everyone. I havnt been on much cause of work and i went away for the weekend. I broke my thumb2 weeks agoat work. Well whyle at the gun range yesterday i realized it hurts way too much to shoot any. It hurt so bad shooting at clays that i took 2 shots and had to stop. Looks like im going to have a bad hunting season since i cant shoot this year. I can still use my bow though. I spent all day Sat getting goodout to50 yards with it. Not that im going to hunt that far with it but i had nothing better to do whyle they were shooting and it was in the truck.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:58 AM
Little Doe Peep

Default RE: Broke My Thumb

Bummer! When does your season start?
Old 08-31-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain Retaks. I've broken both of my thumbs over the years. You never realize how important your thumbs are, till you can't fully use them! Try wrapping them up fairly tight, an then go shooting, I could do that but it was still somewhat painful.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:12 PM

It starts tommorow. I went out today and i can still shoot my bow. The release pulls on my wrist and i dont need my thumb at all on that hand to shoot it. It looks like an archery only season this year.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 AM

You might forget about all about your thumb while hunting though. The adrenaline might make you forget about it. But hopefully, everything works out well for you
Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

as mentioned above try wrapping it, and use medical tape. tape around your thumb, and around both sides of your hand, then around the palm. You won't have much movement, but you should be able to shoot. MEDICAL TAPE
Old 09-03-2008, 03:37 AM

IM going to try the medical tape idea but im not sure if it will work. its not the holding the gun thats the prob. It the recoil from it.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

try putting a soft cloth or sponge around the thumb and tape it up. i dont know man, it sucks doesnt it. im still not sure if i will be good for my deer season yet or not.[&:][:@][:'(]
Old 09-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

if your gonna put padding, put it on the gun, find a way to tape it right to the stock, that way it will not be stuck on your hand causing extra sweat and making your hand big and bulky. try a few different ways and see what works, then try to shoot. or as said before just go hunting and hope the pain is not to bad when you do get a shot at something.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:00 PM

IM going to try taping it and wearing my winter gloves to shoot next time.

Quick Reply: Broke My Thumb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.