Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Another Airshow! >

Another Airshow!

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Another Airshow!

Old 08-29-2008, 09:34 PM

Default Another Airshow!

Well it's Labor Day weekend and that means the Cleveland National Airshow is here once again. We will be there all day tomorrow. It's featuring the Blue Angels this year along with an F/A-18F Super Hornet Demo, F-15E Strike Eagle Demo, F-16 Viper Demo, Air Force Heritage Flight with the F-15E,F-16 and P-51, Navy Heritage Flight with 2 Hornets and an F4U-5 Corsair, C-130 Demo, B-17 Yankee Lady Demo with Pyro, Coast Guard HH-65 Search and Rescue Demo, and the Army Golden Knights Dive Team along with several awesome and Nationally Acclaimed Civilian Acts such as Sean D. Tucker, Nikolev Timmofeev (World Aerobatic Champion) Red Star and the Dragon which includes an actual dogfight.

Also NASA is celebrating it's 50th Anniversary and Cleveland is home to Nasa Glenn Research facility so they will be having a few Ohio born Astronauts there as well as they will be flying Demo's in their modified S-3 Viking and T-34. I should be coming back with lots and lots of photos and will slowly post some of them. HG89 the C-5 WILL be there tomorrow, first time ever in Clevelands history, i know because i saw pics. of it landing, if they have the nose up i will def. take some pictures for you seeing as how i let you down last time.

I've gotten my brother hooked on Airshows, we are already throwing around the idea of going to Andrews A.F.B next year for their annual show, Dayton once again, Thunder Over Michigan, the Indy Airshow and Clevelands.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Another Airshow!

Have fun!! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gimme the C-5 and nobody gets hurt!
Old 08-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have fun!! LOL
I Stoped reading all the names cause you lost me..
Old 08-30-2008, 05:46 PM

Alright well we got back finally, i'm burned to a crisp. It's going to take longer than i thought on the photos, we took 515 Everything was as good or better than i thought. The F/A-18C darn near broke the sound barrier on his high speed pass, you could see the cone forming around the plane, unfortunately we weren't able to get a pic. HG i think we got several photos of the inside of the C-5, all i can say is that thing is friggin fat! There was an unexpected surprised, during the middle of the show they shut down air space and the show to allow a medical jet to land, it was carrying an organ for a transplant. The plane landed and received well deserved applause. Also at the last minute they had the F4U-5 Corsair join the B-17 in flight and it flew "cover" during the run.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did they have an A-10 there?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

im rerady to see all 515 of those pics AH
Old 08-30-2008, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Centauri

Did they have an A-10 there?
Yes sir, in fact for $50 i could buy a metal replica of the 30mm round they use in the gun, but i was broke. I only got a few pics. of it as it was a main attraction along with the C-5.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pffft. The C-5 is just a cargo plane. The A-10 is where its at. It has anti-tank and anti-air capabilities. It looks cool too.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Centauri

Pffft. The C-5 is just a cargo plane. The A-10 is where its at. It has anti-tank and anti-air capabilities. It looks cool too.
The A-10 would be my last choice when it came to Air-Air Combat, in fact i don't think the A-10 has EVER fired an air to air missile in combat ever lol. If you want tank buster as well as fighter i'd go with the F-16

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.