Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 tricks/ funny stories >

tricks/ funny stories

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

tricks/ funny stories

Old 08-29-2008, 03:56 PM

Default tricks/ funny stories

Do you guys have any good tricks to do to your friends or any funny stories that happened while hunting? I have two. When anyone new shoots a deer, we have some "coyote powder" (just bisquick, sugar, some oatmeal, flour, ect). We tell the person that unless they spread some of this powder in a circle around thier deer, the coyotes will get to it by morning. So, they go out and throw a circle of powder around thier deer, and eventually when they find out what it really is, they feel pretty dumb. That one isnt the best.

This next one is pretty good I think. But make sure you do it with no hunters in the woods! I borrowed a gurilla (sp?) suit from my neighbor and drove up to where we hunt. I put the gurilla suit on and went to my dad's trail cam! he has a corn feeder in front of the cam, so I walked in front of the cam and picked up hand fulls of corn like "big foot" was taking his corn. About 2 weeks later, he brought his trail cam home and was looking through the pics when I heard "Michael, come here look at this". At first I was wondering what it could be then I remembered. I think for a few minutes he was considering about calling the DNR! Its halarious watching the person go through the pics and just look at it!

Im sure there are some better tricks, lets hear em!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: tricks/ funny stories

This one isn't my story but I was invovled, and since she hasn't told it yet, I'm going to tell it for her lol

This was several years ago. HG89 called me while she was out in the woods looking for sheds. I can't remember how long it was during our conversation but she came across very fresh bear tracks (bear was just there matter of minutes ago). SHe wasn't scared but she definetly didn't want to stay there. I was worried for her safely as well so even though I'm big joker, I kept in check especially at time at that. We kept talking as she was walking away from that area, and I like to think I was help keeping her calm. Finally her dad pulled up on his ATV and they left that spot in hurry.

I really hope she doesn't want to kick my butt after telling this story
Old 08-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Id be carefull with the Gorilla suit, especially with other hunters. And now a days if somebody spots you and it gets reported, you can get in trouble for "hoaxes" and "spreading panic".

I can't think of any at the moment....maybe later on tonight
Old 08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

When it comes to hunting, I'm rather serious
Old 08-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: reckling42

Do you guys have any good tricks to do to your friends or any funny stories that happened while hunting? I have two. When anyone new shoots a deer, we have some "coyote powder" (just bisquick, sugar, some oatmeal, flour, ect). We tell the person that unless they spread some of this powder in a circle around thier deer, the coyotes will get to it by morning. So, they go out and throw a circle of powder around thier deer, and eventually when they find out what it really is, they feel pretty dumb. That one isnt the best.

This next one is pretty good I think. But make sure you do it with no hunters in the woods! I borrowed a gurilla (sp?) suit from my neighbor and drove up to where we hunt. I put the gurilla suit on and went to my dad's trail cam! he has a corn feeder in front of the cam, so I walked in front of the cam and picked up hand fulls of corn like "big foot" was taking his corn. About 2 weeks later, he brought his trail cam home and was looking through the pics when I heard "Michael, come here look at this". At first I was wondering what it could be then I remembered. I think for a few minutes he was considering about calling the DNR! Its halarious watching the person go through the pics and just look at it!

i know this sounds retarded but wat is it
Old 09-01-2008, 10:59 AM

Ok well this has nothing to do with hunting but i do masonry work and when there are new people on the job we send them to the truck to find a left handed brick stretcher or a hand brick saw. Its alot funnyer when the people act like they know everything then we do it to them. Depending on how buisy we are that day depends on how long we let them look for it. We had one person take everything out of and off the truck to find it because we kept telling him it was in there. It was soo funny.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol those are oldies. we do the same thing. water proof chalk, left handed margine trowle, skyhooks, rebar strethcer, toenails the list goes on and on. one sided level lol round speed square, white ink pencile hahaha we have had guys quit because ive teased them so bad

Old 09-02-2008, 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

ORIGINAL: reckling42

i know this sounds retarded but wat is it
we just put a mixture of stuff in it. powdered sugar, salt, bisquick, some pepper, almost anything that is powdered or grinded up
Old 09-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ohhhh so the point is that its pointless
Old 09-02-2008, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

ohhhh so the point is that its pointless
You hit the nail on the head. It just makes the person feel pretty stupid.

Quick Reply: tricks/ funny stories

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.