Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Drivers License. >

Drivers License.

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Drivers License.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default Drivers License.

In december, im going to get my permit. I just have a question. Did you guys who have your license, did you get really nervous before you drove for the first time, even though you knew you could do it? Im just really nervous to be going 60 mph. Fastest i have ever drove is probably like 40 on my friends 4 wheeler, and that took some getting used to. So how nervous were you, and how do you get over the fact that your actually driveng?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Little Doe Peep

Default RE: Drivers License.

I was kinda nervous, but you don't start out by driving 60. Driving fast on the highway is actually easier than driving in rush hour traffic with other cars all around you.

You have to learn to concentrate on the traffic while your also manipulating the car's controls, turn signals, etc. When you take drivers ed, you probably won't be in the same kind of car your parents have, so learn the controls before you start out. On one of my first trips, it started to rain and I couldn't find the windshield wipers. The instructor told me where they were but I couldn't understand him. I pulled over to the side of the street and stopped, which he said was a good move under the circumstances.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wasnt all that nervous, but everyone is different. really dont think so much about the fact that you are driving, just focus on the traffic and the cars around you. if you do that then you will be fine. as for going 60...its really not that bad. going 40 on a 4wheeler is like going 140 in a car. plus on that four wheeler you probably werent driving on a road.

you will be fine! but good luck all the same
Old 08-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

I wish i could do 140 in a car. lol. that would be insane. I will more than likely take my test in a Ford Taurus, even though AAA has a Dodge charger to take the test in. Now thats my kind of driving test. I wonder if id get failed if i came out of the parking lot sideways. lol.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Little Doe Peep

Here you take the test in your own car. Well your mom's (or parent's) car. But driver ed is in whatever car they use. It might be like your parents' car or it might not.

But where you are, you might take the test in a driver ed car for all I know. Driver ed and the test are not all that hard. You just have to not break any traffic laws and don't run into anything.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:23 PM

I'm getting my permit this winter(hopefully) I already know how to drive,andwhere all the controls are in our vehicles. but when I get my lisence Looks like I wont do much driving(10 and below mpg hurts, Stupid ethanol!!!![:@])
Old 08-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going for my drivers ed this fall (if they have a course this fall). Then I can get My full drivers in the spring! I don't think I will be nervous about the driving, more nervous about making someone watching everything I'm doing while driving. I've driven a quad at 85 KMH that's aprox 52 MPH and had no problem. I have been operating tractors since age 4 and driving cars (with adult supervision) since age 8.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO driving in citys is way harder and nerve racking then highways. And in the country you have to look out for deer.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Guys. I figure, just ignore the fact, that your really actually driving, and focus on not running anyone over. lol.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wasnt nervous first time I drove, ive been driving since I was like 8. Fastest driven, 150 in my friends jeta. 165 on my cousins motorcycle.

Quick Reply: Drivers License.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.