Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Young Bowhunters >

Young Bowhunters

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Young Bowhunters

Old 07-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Young Bowhunters

ORIGINAL: AmateurHunter44857

I'm to "L.D." to bowhunt
AH, someday when you have the time and cash, you should take up bowhunting. Its totally worth your time.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll agree there. I have spent more money on hunting this year than ever before, but I'm having a great time!!!! I love bowhunting!!!! Other than it is hard on a college budget......[8D]
Old 07-16-2008, 03:53 PM

This fall will be my 3rd season bowhuting. I have taken one small 7pt buck with my bowthis pastfall.

Here's my setup:
'07 Browning Myst
Gold Tip Arrows
QAD Ulra Rest
Tru-Glo Sight
Bohning Quiver

Here's my bowkill. (I took him with myold bow.)

Old 07-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Will, i think you and me are in the same boat. For me it felt like the first 2 years were a total learning proccess, and this is the year im going to finally put all my knowledge on the line. Ive done hours of reading, and hours of scouting and ive never been more excited for bow season than i am this year. This is the first time where i actually feel like i have a chance, and not just some blind luck.

Cant wait for the seaosn to start bro
Old 07-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been bowhunting for 2 years this being my third. I shot a doe my first year bowhunting, She jumped after the shot and I nailed her in the neck behind the head. Never found her.
I shoot a Diamond Marquis, will be shooting Carbon Express Maxima Hunter arrows, and Rage Broadheads.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havekilled a doe and a turkeywith my bow in '07. I believe this is the yearI'll put the smack down on those big bucks! I finally think I know what I'mdoing when it comes to scouting and stand placement.

I'll let you all know how this season turns out. I'll be doing most of my hunting out of aAmeristep ground blind soI can film my hunts and share themwith you guys on the forums,and with my new website I'm working on.

Siman08/OH, I see you have a Trophy Ridge Matrixsight on your bow. I just ordered one last weekwith the.019 pins. I like the fact that you have 99% clear F.O.V.

My setup this year includes:

Bow: Parker Ultra Lite 31
Sight: Trophy Ridge Matrix bow sight with .019 pins
Arrows: CX Terminator 6075arrows with lighted nocks.
Broad head: 100 grain Smoke broad heads
Release: Bull Dog Buckle release

2007 muzzleloader buck

2007 turkey

2007 doe

2007 turkey

2007 muzzleloader buck

Old 07-16-2008, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

Will, i think you and me are in the same boat. For me it felt like the first 2 years were a total learning proccess, and this is the year im going to finally put all my knowledge on the line. Ive done hours of reading, and hours of scouting and ive never been more excited for bow season than i am this year. This is the first time where i actually feel like i have a chance, and not just some blind luck.

Cant wait for the seaosn to start bro

Strange......Just yesterday I was talking to an older friend of mine and we were discussing the upcoming season.

I told him I have never felt more prepared for a hunting season than this year. I've basically been getting ready since the season ended last year.

I, too, feel I have had pretty much blind luck so far. But this year I am confident, didn't say I know everything, but I think I have done everything in my power to make this my best hunting season yet.

Good luck to you thisfall man.

Im chompin' at the bit as well.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

8point ~ The Matrix is one mean sight, i swear by it.

Will - Im sure well have many more hunting related conversations before the opener
Old 07-16-2008, 07:41 PM

I'm to "L.D." to bowhunt
AH, someday when you have the time and cash, you should take up bowhunting. Its totally worth your time.
That cash part is gonna be my downfall Besides i'd prolly try to shoot the apple above my head myself and put an arrow through my skull
Old 07-17-2008, 01:41 AM

I'm to "L.D." to bowhunt
That cash part is gonna be my downfall Besides i'd prolly try to shoot the apple above my head myself and put an arrow through my skull
It doent have to be expensive. buy used to learn with.

Quick Reply: Young Bowhunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.