Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Whats your Preference? >

Whats your Preference?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Whats your Preference?

Old 04-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default Whats your Preference?

Hello!
Well I'm just new to this whole thing but I was wondering what everyones favourtive gun was?
I'm going out soon to purchase a new one and I'm leaning towards 30-06 Bolt action buttttt,
I wanted to know what everyones favourite gun is and why!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:08 AM

Default RE: Whats your Preference?

Barrett M82A1/M107 .50 Cal BMG Sniper Rifle. Ten Round Magazine, Semi Auto, able to hit target up at 1.5 miles away. Also the Barrett M82A1/M107 in the .416 caliber as well.

My Favorite hunting rifle would be the Remington 700 in 7.62x51, the same gun and round used in the USMC Scout Sniper Program. I don't personally own a rifle yet so i'll go wit my Mossberg 500. Its quite fun to throw a shotgun sabot at 2000 FPS 175 yards down range Welcome to the forum by the way, you will get to know me and Andy quite well [8D]
Old 04-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

.350 mag. an oldie but a goodie. its not a fast hyper mag by todays standards. its actually pretty slow @ about 2775fps w/ a 200 gr. bullet. you can do a little better then that w/ handloads but thats a whole other can of worms. BANG. FLOP. DEAD. thats how i like it. i have 2 350's one in the 673 guide gun and the other in the model 7 cdl. the '06 is an incredible caliber though! my father has killed over 30 200 pound plus maine whitetails w/ the 180 gr round nose. ( a 200 pound deer is the benchmark here in the northeast) plus the 06 is extremely popular as far as finding ammo just about anywheres and the load availability is so wide that you could shoot 55 gr loads today on chucks and cyotes and tomarrow load it for bear w/ a 180/220 gr load and anything in between. i have several -06's and love them all. most of them are carbine pumps w/ a peep sight. again thats a real popular set up here in the north as most of us carrying them are tracking. a step up from the 06 is the .35 whelen which i really really like. again BANG FLOP DEAD!its an 06 case necked up to .35 cal. in fact i load most of my 35 whelen ammo out of spent 06 cases. anyways, i could go on and on about guns but i wont bore you. my 2 cents
Old 04-21-2008, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

.350 mag. an oldie but a goodie. its not a fast hyper mag by todays standards. its actually pretty slow @ about 2775fps w/ a 200 gr. bullet. you can do a little better then that w/ handloads but thats a whole other can of worms. BANG. FLOP. DEAD. thats how i like it. i have 2 350's one in the 673 guide gun and the other in the model 7 cdl. the '06 is an incredible caliber though! my father has killed over 30 200 pound plus maine whitetails w/ the 180 gr round nose. ( a 200 pound deer is the benchmark here in the northeast) plus the 06 is extremely popular as far as finding ammo just about anywheres and the load availability is so wide that you could shoot 55 gr loads today on chucks and cyotes and tomarrow load it for bear w/ a 180/220 gr load and anything in between. i have several -06's and love them all. most of them are carbine pumps w/ a peep sight. again thats a real popular set up here in the north as most of us carrying them are tracking. a step up from the 06 is the .35 whelen which i really really like. again BANG FLOP DEAD!its an 06 case necked up to .35 cal. in fact i load most of my 35 whelen ammo out of spent 06 cases. anyways, i could go on and on about guns but i wont bore you. my 2 cents
Was that supposed to be a Pun? lol Either way its kinda funny
Old 04-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

it is now that you pointed it out hahaha
Old 04-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

first i will start off with a WELCOME!

now the good stuff! GUNS really it depends on what you are going to be hunting, and the area you are hunting. if its really open and you will have to be taking longer shots, i would recomend 30-30, 7mm. remington mag, 30-06, all are good verstile wepons that can be used for almost anything. if you arent going to be taking shots longer than 100 yards due to a thick forest area, i would sugest a shotgun, remington 870, winchester 1300, somethinglike that. also if your duck hunting (im guessing not, cause you are considering a rifle, or you are just one heck of a shot) i think a shotgun would be best!

And as AH said earlier....you stick around you will get to know me and him quite well.....we are very serious when it comes to questions like this, HOWEVER as soon as the question has been adressed threads tend to be hijacked and me and him get a bit immature! the good thing is most find it entertaning, and it keeps this forum alive!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite gun to shoot is the .30 cal M-1 Carbine... or maybe the 7.62x54 Mosin Nagant... but my favorite rifle is the .300 WSM. Its a great all around gun, from hunting white tail in Texas to grizzly bear in Alaska. My favorite shotgun, however, is the Beretta Xtrema 2 in 12 gauge.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

.338 MAG. My dad has one and I use it all the time. I have not shot a deer with it, but ive shot a prairie dog at 800 yards away. Lets just say that there wasn't anything left of it. His rifle has no name on it that shows who made it. Its a sweet caliber
Old 04-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

killed deer with a .243, .308, and .54 cal muzzleloader

im sticking with my .45 cal muzzleloader though now
Old 04-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

300. wsm and 280. remington

Quick Reply: Whats your Preference?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.